What's new

Wishlist?

Markaj

Didn't there used to be a wishlist section somewhere?

Wouldn't it be nice if when you check a part's physical properties - it actually showed what the density of the part's material was in the box/window along with mass etc. Rather than having to go back into the part properties menu to double check.
In other words you can see what its made of & what it weighs in the same window.....

And another thing; when you sketch a shape, then start adding dimensions, the dimension tool guesses what you want to dimension............and is usually wrong.
You then cancel/restart the process or otherwise waste a few clicks fighting with it to get it to do what you want - It would be nice to turn this helpful(?) feature off.

Also the Alibre home window has an annoying habit of jumping to the front of the screen unasked - again you've got to keep re-minimising it.....

And.....in sketch mode, when you select say a line, the on screen menu pops up & is often in the way of what you are working on - again you have to move it or move around it. Another helpful(?) feature that for me anyway would be nice to turn off!

These little blights have been around forever I know, and whilst you get used to it, life would be sweeter if they weren't there in the first place.
Grumble over.........!

idslk

Alibre Super User
And.....in sketch mode, when you select say a line, the on screen menu pops up & is often in the way of what you are working on - again you have to move it or move around it. Another helpful(?) feature that for me anyway would be nice to turn off!
upload_2019-7-25_11-4-2.png

AlexB

Wouldn't it be nice if when you check a part's physical properties - it actually showed what the density of the part's material was in the box/window along with mass etc. Rather than having to go back into the part properties menu to double check.
In other words you can see what its made of & what it weighs in the same window.....
I agree. Similarly, with an assembly open it would be great if we were able to open a table listing all the constituent parts, showing their material (and/or other part properties). This makes the assembly weight calculation in Physical Properties more trustworthy. The table would highlight parts that have an incorrect (or non-existent) material and throwing the calculation off, from there we could open the parts and change their material properties. It would be even better if we could change them from that table. At the moment, this can only be done by creating a material specific BOM inside a drawing of the assembly or adding a material column to an existing BOM.

AlexB

My most sought after feature is a 'Show All' command in assemblies. I'm imagining it would appear with a right click on the assembly name at the top of the Design Explorer (together with Edit Part/Subassembly, Colour Properties etc). I can't seem to find a command that does this. It would save me from finding all the hidden parts and unhiding them, or creating a new configuration that always shows them or even the time consuming 'Select All', hide then unhide route.