What's new

Wizotool V23

Trey71105

Nothing!!

I think I’m going to enter a ticket for Alibre to make contact with him.

The lack of communication from him doesn’t bode well for Alibre since they have his programming on their software

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I think I’m going to enter a ticket for Alibre to make contact with him.

The lack of communication from him doesn’t bode well for Alibre since they have his programming on their software
Wizotools is nothing to do with Alibre, it's a 3rd party add-on! Andy's only affiliation with Alibre is with AlibreScript and any communication regarding AlibreScipt is now done through the Alibre support channels.

If he does not reply with regards to his product Wizotools, on his website, then I can't see why that is of any concern to Alibre!

It's interesting though that Andy hasn't contributed on this forum for quite some time, I hope that he is ok.

Trey71105

I know Wizotools is separate and an add-on but the fact that it is not compatible with V23 this long after the release is frustrating.

I know a couple people besides myself that have emailed him with no response.

If I were Alibre I would’ve released a statement about the Wizotool V23 delay.

I’ve never used Wizotool but what I’ve read is it’s great to use. I just started using the script two weeks ago and it helped us greatly.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
If I were Alibre I would’ve released a statement about the Wizotool V23 delay.
You don't seem to 'get it' ... Alibre have no say in when Andy releases Wizotool releases, it's nothing to do with them! If it's not compatible with v23, that's Andy's call to update it. He doesn't work for Alibre! Why do you think Alibre would release any kind of statement. That's like asking Microsoft to release a statement because an application doesn't work with the latest version of Windows!

You need to remove your belief that there is a connection between Alibre and Wizotools ... there isn't one, other than Wizotools is just a tool that can be used in Alibre design. Alibre have zero responsibility for it or for Andy's development of it.

Trey71105

Man ease up a bit. Nowhere on either site does it state the level of relationship between them. I literally just found out about this forum, scripting and Wizotool just over a week ago. Andy’s website doesn’t have a lot of information on it.

I’m new to this Alibre software and this forum so all I have to go off of is what people in here tell me. You can’t even call Alibre and to get tech help.

I ran Solidworks and Creo (Pro-E) for over 20 years so my experience Alibre has been different to say the least.

I’m not trying to be difficult and I appreciate all the help I have received here from the experienced users. I’m just trying to figure all this mess out.

Cator

Using a portion of the magare screen with the Fancy zone of Power toys it is possible to have an open worksheet and through the Add in Alibre Parameters to have all the Excel functions directly on the part at the price of one more click, that of the update. I hope Andy makes himself heard but in the meantime I hope you can use this valuable tool that is already in the software.
Look at the guide at this address
' https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!...dsheet-to-drive-designs/q/excel/qid/2194/qp/3
Regards
Francesco