What's new

Woking with .PNG or .EPS in 3d workspace

Elrick

Greetings,

Is there any place where I could find some instructions on how to place 2d pictures on 3d objects in Alibre? Is it possible?

Elrick

Thanks Sebastian. I will try keyshot then. It sucks cos I have create a 3d extruded object of the picture and loftcut it to work. But when I need to move or change the size it really takes too much time.

Attachments

• 9.png
    9.png
    369.1 KB · Views: 19

Ralf

Alibre Super User
With KeyShot you can insert a "Label" / "Decal". (PNG or JPG.... pictures)
Please take a look:

Attachments

• Label-insert.jpg
    Label-insert.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 75

Elrick

Aaah thats really cool! Thanks Ralf. Waiting for our assistant to get us a license for KeyShot...

Elrick

Hope you guys are still here :)
I finally got to this stage again and got this 2d on 3d stuff working. Its really the cherry on the cake :D
BUT theres one thing I've seen a graphics designer do once. How can I get keyshot to pick up the letters and picture alone. Not to get that white square with the rendering???? You guys know what I mean right :lol:

Attachments

• 3d on 2d 1.png
    3d on 2d 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 3d on 2d 2.png
    3d on 2d 2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

jhiker

Alibre Super User
Can't exactly remember the mechanics of it but it is possible. You need to save the picture (label) with a transparent background that removes all the 'white'
Use PShop or GIMP or similar.

Elrick

Thanks Jeff. I thought I should figure it with PhotoShop. Do you know if keyshot will be friendly with this modified .png or jpeg? Or will it create a different format compatible with keyshot? Im super curious :lol:

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Elrick,

You can use a PNG with transparency.
(transparent background)

With "Paint.NET" 3,5 MB
you can create a PNG with transparency/transparent background.

Attachments

• PNG-with-transp.png
    PNG-with-transp.png
    522.3 KB · Views: 47

Elrick

Thanks again Ralf. Just downloaded paint.NET. Very few software in this world thats works and is free. Funny that the first topic in the tutorial is how to make backgrounds transparrent :D
Will give it a try!

Elrick

Attachments

• 4.1.2.jpg
    4.1.2.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Transparrent 2d JPEG on 3d .jpg
    Transparrent 2d JPEG on 3d .jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 4 A.jpg
    4 A.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 18

H-L-Smith

Great job on the graphic simulation of the cockpit and instrumentation, Elrick. It's been very interesting and inspiring to see your design evolve.

Cheers,