What's new

wonky formats in spinner increment..........length

I cannot get Alibre to let me set spinner length!!. I almost never us the spinner. Then when i try to simply size the diameter of a hole i just laid down a .5 inch value gets me a 6 inch diameter hole.

I have tried the ususal "reboot" I followed the path that I saw when one of the mods suggested File General etc.In response to a discussion about "WONKY NUMBERS" This sort of wonky number stuff is pretty common i'm finding!!

There's nothing i can do till get this fixed guys. I'm in over my head but this is pretty basic stuff???? I set the precision @ 3 but as you can see it's posting in 6 places

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Hmmm...I have seen it were when I key in a value for the real time dimensions that it will not take what I have keyed but takes some random value. I then need to reenter the value, seems like a lag from my inputs to Alibre accepting those inputs. I don't use the spinners so I can't comment on that though.

Have you tried resetting your user file from the Utilities tab of the Home window?

Hmmm...I have seen it were when I key in a value for the real time dimensions that it will not take what I have keyed but takes some random value. I then need to reenter the value, seems like a lag from my inputs to Alibre accepting those inputs. I don't use the spinners so I can't comment on that though.

Have you tried resetting your user file from the Utilities tab of the Home window?
I have version 24. Where do i find the "user file"? I really have looked for it?

That is the window where the issue first showed up! Please find the attached files; first,second, third,fourth and fifth. It's my attempt to show a sequence of what happens when i try to pound a .5 inch hole in the back of this part. It is a 2.5 inch disc. Watch what happens to the values as i try to control just the diameter of the .5 inch counter bore!!

Attachments

• first.PNG
    first.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 13
  • second.PNG
    second.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 12
  • third.PNG
    third.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
  • fourth.PNG
    fourth.PNG
    218.1 KB · Views: 12
  • fifth.PNG
    fifth.PNG
    25.4 KB · Views: 13

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I have version 24. Where do i find the "user file"? I really have looked for it?
On the Utilities tab of the Home window there is a link to Reset User Profile. Clicking on that link will reset your user file.

If you want to see the file then click on the Log Files Directory. That will open the log files directory that has all the log files. (If you ever need to send the current log file to support that is where you will find it.) Also in that directory is a default user sub folder. If you open that folder you will see your User.NET.profile.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Your units are set to 'feet & inches' - when you enter 0.5 without any units specified it is assumed to be 0.5 ft (i.e, 6 inches).

Either type in the dimension with units, or change the units setting for the file to Inches.

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Quick note to add that anything you change in File Properties is just that: properties specific to only the file you currently have open. There should be a checkbox on the bottom of that menu that will apply whatever changes you made to the system default as well, so anything new you create from then on out will use those properties from the start.

Thanks for the input. I picked up on that issue an checked that box for that reason!!! I really appreciate the time you guys are devoting to these questions!!

david