What's new

Working on two screens

tyc

Hi @tyc,
I had the same problem as you.
1)Open a new part in Alibre on your favorite screen.
2) Create a sketch that allows you to reposition the dialog box to the desired location.
3)Save the new part with a name of your choice and close the part.
Alibre will save the position of the function window on your default screen and will be correct the next time you launch it.
Regards,
Francesco
Thanks for the post. I tried and failed.

tyc

@tyc
If you have an Nvidia Quadro card, you can use: NVIDIA Quadro View

If you have an Nvidia RTX card you can use: NVIDIA RTX Desktop Manager
I installed the Nview for Quadro, and it doesn't move the windows automatically to the screen I want them to be. It requires the profile reloaded everytime I want Alibre to be moved to the correct screen. I could do that with my mouse without any 3rd party.

tyc

I also use Displayfusion Pro. It can be configured to be lightweight and only function on specific applications. I turn off all the features and mostly use triggers and functions.
What's frustrating me is that it used to be working just fine. Don't really want be bothered with all these coding etc.

Cator

Thanks for the post. I tried and failed.
Ty, try disconnecting the second monitor from the PC and then restart it by running Alibre on your favorite monitor.
So at this point reconnect the second monitor.

tyc

Ty, try disconnecting the second monitor from the PC and then restart it by running Alibre on your favorite monitor.
So at this point reconnect the second monitor.
This works partially. Means, Alibre pops its windows on correct screen until next session. If I close it up and open again, then windows pop up in the wrong screen.

Something really weird going on here.

Cator

So let's try it again... Eliminate the second screen, restart your PC and start Alibre. Then Save a part, close Alibre and turn off the PC.
Reboot again and connect the second monitor. If this doesn't work either, a complete uninstallation of Alibre should be considered...

tyc

So let's try it again... Eliminate the second screen, restart your PC and start Alibre. Then Save a part, close Alibre and turn off the PC.
Reboot again and connect the second monitor. If this doesn't work either, a complete uninstallation of Alibre should be considered...
G! that's worked. you nailed it Cator. Thank you very much.

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
What's frustrating me is that it used to be working just fine. Don't really want be bothered with all these coding etc.

Displayfusion Pro might work for you. They have a 30 day trial you can try and learn if it works:

Perform Action: Centre Window on Monitor
Perform Action: Move Window to Selected Monitor
Perform Action: Move Window to Mouse Cursor Monitor
Perform Action: Move Window to Specific Size and Location
Move newly opened application windows
Automatically move child dialogs/windows to parent window
Function to move window to specific monitors

As mentioned above, I turn off all features and only use triggers and functions.