What's new

XP reinstall, Alibre wants a new key, nobody home in Texas

dkmc

XP reinstall, Alibre wants a new key, nobody home in Texas

Is the office closed this week??
I called 2X today and got voice mail.
New backup software caused me lots of grief, messed up my eithernet.
Had to re-install XP, and now Alibre is demanding a new LIC Key
:cry:

Help
Dan K

DK1machine@yahoo.com

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Did you install Alibre while you where online (Internet)? If so the license key is generated automatically since you use your current user name and password.

dkmc

I re-installed windows but kept all the same hardware & software configs.
So I didn't -re-install- Alibre and all the other software.

rbrian

Re: XP reinstall, Alibre wants a new key, nobody home in Tex

Mibe said:
Did you install Alibre while you where online (Internet)? If so the license key is generated automatically since you use your current user name and password.
Was the original install of Alibre done Online - or Offline. this may make some difference.

If you re-installed XP - over the same folders and drives - without first saving copies of some of the regedit files - you may have broken the connection with Alibre Design and Regedit? Any way to dowload the offline help files from the web and check out such details at your end?

Robert

dkmc

you may have broken the connection with Alibre Design and Regedit? Any way to dowload the offline help files from the web and check out such details at your end?

Online if I remember right......

I'm sure thats most likely what happened.........
I could check the help files, but easier to have a 'good' key number set and go. Is that easier said than done I wonder??

dk

rbrian

License Key - where is it when you want it?

Hi Dan - Did you manage to keep your email files intact? If so - you might be able to go back to those ones - and find the key that was sent to you last - and re-enter it? Just a thought!

Also - Keep a Screen Capture image of this kinds of action - even if you have to do a 'print screen' button capture and a 'windows paint' paste to save it as a bmp file! I use http://www.techsmith.com - snagit for my stuff now!

If you can find it, and it can't be manually installed (home window> help> about alibre design> licence key status > enter #'s > close> restart / reboot. ) --- then - you might need to manually install AD again :cry: For that - I would wait if you can - until you can confirm this is required!

Robert

macinc

Go to alibre.com and log in with your user name and password. Then go to "account info", it will list all your current keys. If your key(s) don't work you may have to reinstall alibre?...if new install is done with internet access and your user name and password, I think it will generate a new key for you.

plasticam

I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks back.
What i did is change my machine ID on Xp and then i was able to generate a new key.
The problem was that a key already existed for the current machine ID.

dkmc

Hi Dan - Did you manage to keep your email files intact? If so - you might be able to go back to those ones - and find the key that was sent to you last - and re-enter it? Just a thought!

Yea, first thing I did was try the latest key .......INVALID.....

I'll do some checking online and in the help files......must be the office IS
closed this week huh???

Ok though, I have it on the home PC and not doing much CAD work this week anyway.....

Thanks for the info guys

dan k

siggy

As you have now figured out Alibre is closed this week. I got an email from them stating that fact on 12/23. Text of that email posted for your reference:

Alibre Holiday Schedule
Hello Robert,
Alibre's offices will be closed Monday, 12/26/2005, through Friday, 12/30/2005, for the Christmas and New Year's holidays. Technical support services including online Alibre Assistant support will not be available during the closure. Full technical support will resume on Monday, 1/02/2006.

The Alibre Design server will NOT be effected by this closure and will continue to remain online 24 hours a day.

Please let us know if you have any comments or concerns.

Happy Holidays from the Alibre Support Team.

Best regards,
The Alibre Team