What's new

Yes, it is a beta

mub

Yes, it is a beta

Hi guys!

Yes, i'm afraid its a limited release...
But don't worry guys - my firs impression is not too bad - but considering the fact that it's a full release not that mouch changed.
Anyway - the 2D performance seems to be the same... No improved sheet metal module and so on. :? We'll see...

Mibe

Alibre Super User

Don't forget that the enhancements in 8.2 was orignally planned to be included in V9 so if you add 8.2+9.0+the upcoming 9.1 it's more fair.

Personally I'm not very hung up on version numbers, as long as functionality is improving every once in a while :)

Configurations is also a HUGE step forward and it's a great achievment to add that functionality to an already developed system. From now on it's going to be much easier to implement new functionality since the "hardest stuff" (DirectX9.0C, Configurations) is already there :)

MilesH

Alibre Super User

Good to see something implemented in Alibre, that is still on the Inventor wish-list :wink:

mub

No no! I did not! Please don't missunderstand me... I know that the improvements in 8.2 were like a whole release which i really appreciate. 8)
Yes, in this case i was a little bit unfair :oops:
I'm just a little bit confused regarding the 2D performance.
Fact is that Alibre Inc. promised that there will be 500% more performance with AD 8.2 - until now i didn't realize some more performance - did you?
Or is it just a question of the settings?

jemmej

Same Here for v8.2

Configurations (which originally WASN'T going to be in v9 per a fairly old post by Greg I believe), the first results from the Amada joint venture (overlapping bends, punches and dies, seems good!) and 2D improvements (will have to use them to see how much). Seems like a pretty good jump (the configurations and the API are major programming hurdles that not only get us functionality now (configurations especially) but lay the groundwork for future expansion). I can't wait to see it!

Jim

Attachments

• MA15684.zip
    398.3 KB · Views: 0