What's new

Plasticity 3d - The new kid in the block

I wish the same as well. Would be nice to have internal functionality. Alibre is very good about supporting outside surfacing tools though, for which I am very greatful. I guess they can also focus more on their core competencies. Surfacing is kind of niche until we need it, so it's not the end to import and start modeling.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Plasticity is like a Rhinoceros. Rhinoceros is more powerful because has SubD plus a lot of usefully add on. AD V11 was complemented with Rhinoceros plus Argo Design Check with other fantastic tools.
When Open Sketch loft and Parametric Offset Max?!
GIOV

aptivaboy

I like its features a lot having tried the free trial, but I'm mentally stuck in the Win 95 era and still use the File/Edit/View command menus. I can still activate those on Alibre, but can't in Plasticity. This made me think of my Blender days and the learning curve just figuring out the interface. I just need something ultra logical and rational to use that my increasingly ancient and addled mind can understand, so I'll pass on it. Unless there's a way to get those menu options?

Last edited:

stepalibre

Alibre Super User
Alibre Expert included MoI, which supports the 3DM format and supplements AD mesh and surfacing tools.

Does anyone know why MoI isn't bundled anymore? I suppose it's just business.

Rhino -> Plasticity -> MoI

edit: I think I found my answer.
Fyi:

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Alibre Expert included MoI, which supports the 3DM format and supplements AD mesh and surfacing tools.

Does anyone know why MoI isn't bundled anymore? I suppose it's just business.

Rhino -> Plasticity -> MoI

edit: I think I found my answer.
Fyi:
Alibre Design - Alibre Design Business Products Alibre, Inc. - Moment of Inspiration (MoI)
Mmmm,
You have access to the old site when was CEO Eng. J. Paul Grayson!
I don't now if it feasible sign in for rescue my old add on that in these time I paid....and right now don't exist any more.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I don't now if it feasible sign in for rescue my old add on that in these time I paid....and right now don't exist any more.
IF you saved or archived the download for MoI then you may be able to talk to MoI about an update.

I tried MoI and found it very frustrating to create anything. I guess I'm too used to the CAD environment that has a history and the sketches are preserved.

WillAdams

For what it's worth, I crashed and burned hard on Plasticity as well --- my problem is, I spend a full work-week at a desk w/ a keyboard and mouse, and when I go to relax, prefer to use a stylus or if need be, a keyboard and trackpad (I usually relax while seated on the floor at a coffee table in my living room).

I suppose I should try Moment of Inspiration (apparently it was designed for use on a tablet), but for now I've been coding and using OpenSCAD Graph Editor and BlockSCAD --- I'll try revisiting all this presently.