What's new

Recent content by ACKDesign

1. A

Vista Compatability

Vista Compatability Anyone had problems running AD on Vista? I'm planning to buy a new computer and I 'd like to know if I should buy a copy of XP.
  2. A

How do I "decomission" a computer

How do I "decomission" a computer How do I cancel the license for a computer?
  3. A

3D Studio Max

If you are importing a STEP file into AD, turn off any healing options. Also try saving the Max file as a Rhino (3dm) file and importing that directly into AD. Remember that AD supports the direct import of Rhino files.
  4. A

Dynamic Updating of drawings?

Dynamic Updating of drawings? Is there a method that I don't know about to update a drawings with part or assembly changes other than closing and reopening the drawing?
  5. A

Configurations and holes sizes

Thanks, that confirms what I thought. :? It looks like not all parameters are supported in AD configurations. Would be nice if Alibre gave us a list! :?
  6. A

Configurations and holes sizes

Configurations and holes sizes Just discovered something annoying. Apparently hole sizes are not saved with configurations. Or am I doing it the wrong way? Anyone else encountered this?
  7. A

Analyzing a welded assembly in Design Check

Thanks, but transforming an assembly into a single part is not my problem - I can do all that. I am mostly concerned about how reasonable it is to assume that two pieces of metal welded together would have the same mechanical properties as a single piece. Let's say for example I am modelling...
  8. A

Analyzing a welded assembly in Design Check

Analyzing a welded assembly in Design Check I am just starting to use Design Check, and was wondering how to get around the fact that it will analyze single parts only. I would like to perform analyses of welded assemblies, and my idea is to model the assembly as a single...
  9. A

How good is the FEA in AD Pro

How good is the FEA in AD Pro I am considering the upgrade to AD Pro. I'd appreciate comments from current users of how useful the plug-in is. I would use it most often immediatley for evaluating deflection of plates under pressure.
  10. A

Anyone doing concrete design with Alibre Design?

Concrete Design?? What do you mean by this?
  11. A

Continuous AD problems...

I was interested in the memory management program mentioned above & went to their website. But I noticed this statement: Note: WinXP has a very state-of-the-art memory management, and you won't notice any performance improvement when using memory optimizers. All such optimizers/boosters...
  12. A

Erratic display with drawings - AARGH!

Thanks, I tried that already. I suspect I may be in trouble as I am using a laptop nearly 3 years old with no available driver updates.
  13. A

Erratic display with drawings - AARGH!

Erratic display with drawings - AARGH! When working with drawings I am finding that the text (like dimensions and annotations )get "scattered" all over my notebook screen, that is when it shows up at all. I know that in the past there have been discussions about drivers...
  14. A

Making a duplicate part file by Saving As...

Making a duplicate part file by Saving As... I tried to make a new part that was a simple modification of an exisitng part by saving the original part under a new file name and modifiying it. AD apparently did not like this and gave me errors when I tried to do the...
  15. A

Hidden lines not showing in imported files

Hidden lines not showing in imported files I have some imported STEP files for which I am creating drawings. I notice however that I am not getting hidden lines. Will only a native AD format generate hidden lines? Another characteristic I have noticed is that cylinders...