What's new

Recent content by Bazzer

1. Bazzer

AlibreCAM... Adaptive Milling

Mechsoft I am very sorry for the misinformation, I think this stems from your company being listed as a partner of Moduleworks. I have corrected my original post, sorry for this. https://www.moduleworks.com/partners/ Maybe you could clarify the murky World of CAM kernels and how Moduleworks...
  2. Bazzer

Nate When you look at the various CAM packages that use Moduleworks, you will see that they pretty well all offer the same machining strategies at the various unlock stages (standard, pro, expert kind of thing). I use Alibre Design but did not choose to go with Alibre CAM rather I went with...
  3. Bazzer

Many CAM packages use the same kernel, and adaptive milling might be available in Mechsoft AlibreCAM B.
  4. Bazzer

Only just noticed...

Seb That would be a very good idea, did you get any reaction when this was suggested? How do you think MOI stacks up against Powershape? I saw people using Powershape at Formaplex for adding returns to models for composite patterns to be produced, they were rarely defeated !! However I feel...
  5. Bazzer

Only just noticed...

Hello Seb "Is MOI an add-on?" No MOI is brilliant, but you knew that anyway, today I showed one of my UAV customers MOI, in their prototype workshop I done a rough modern style wing in about 3 minutes, just with approximated guide curves at the leading and trailing edges but with a swept up...
  6. Bazzer

Looking for a good CAM program that won’t break the bank.

V&B I use BobCAD, it can be bought in the price range that you talk about with 3D capability. I produce many 3D forms that need a good finish, the machine and your knowledge have a big part to play in getting a finish right though. I will let you into a secret that most CAM vendors would...
  7. Bazzer

Email message about legacy product?

I agree with Lew on this, there are many good machine shops who can turn out the prototype part for fit and function checks. 3D printing has its place, I have seen some items that would be impossible to make without a 3D printer, however often it is a case of choosing appropriate technology and...
  8. Bazzer

Has anyone else seen this hand held CNC router?

Looks like a clever well thought out piece of kit but with fairly restricted capability, looks to only have 2D capability. There is a market for these kind of trendy manufacturing devices. There is a laser cutter which is similar, called Forge???, looks like an Apple I pod on steroids. I guess...
  9. Bazzer

How do you want releases?

" Cats and horses are the worst." Oh Seb, that is harsh:) Here is my cat carrying out a final inspection on an Alibre 3D model, she regected th e work and said I must do better!!
  10. Bazzer

Drafting Line TYPES and WEIGHTS???

Lew, Seb, JST and others Whilst on the subject of lineweights etc. Is there a drafting standards tutorial that you could recommend? Either Iso or ANSI/ASME (something would be better than nothing!) I have considered the Drafting Zone (Genium) as a starting point to just getting my head around...
  11. Bazzer

MOI - do I need it?

I originally started using MOI off the back of Alibre, as MOI was sold along side Alibre as a surfacing add-on. I would say that if I was only able to have one 3D CAD programme it would be MOI, it is brilliant. I prefer its simplicity over Rhino, Rhino has become very bloated over the years...
  12. Bazzer

Kind of a configuration question

David Thanks for pointing out approaches and techniques, like I said I thought that workflow was part of the problem. You have also shown that there are a number of ways to get to the same result. Regards Barrie
  13. Bazzer

Hello David I found that I could do this by constraining the second holes to the first, but once the first holes were suppressed in the original config the second set of holes went 'italic' meaning they had lost their positioning data. So I created ref. points that could be accessed in both...
  14. Bazzer

Hello Lew Package file now added to original post. Your statement about aircraft coordinate system is timely as this tailplane component forms part of a complete airframe which will all be designed in CAD and a standard coordinate system would have advantages. Thanks Barrie
  15. Bazzer

OK, I am designing an aluminium tool for manufacturing a composite model aircraft tailplane, the tool will be in two halves (top and bottom). I thought that rather than do two completely unrelated parts that I would design the bottom half first and then use configurations to do a very closly...