What's new

Recent content by bobster

1. B

FEM Designer gone from menu bar in V25??

You are correct, the ADDON folder did not contain FEM in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder. I copied the FEM folder from the old Alibre Design folder into the Addon folder in the new Alibre Design v25.0.0.25033 folder and FEM now is working. I have contacted Jim at FEMDesigner and I'm...
  2. B

FEM Designer gone from menu bar in V25??

Was working fine in V24 but now it's gone??
  3. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

The FEM Designer error was Bob. With help from James at FEM Designer, I updated my system to the current release and I now have a working version. I was using the 2017 version and that required an upgrade to the current version.
  4. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

I wish I got a massage???? Just an error message. I haven't contacted Alibre or FEMDesign yet.
  5. B

V21 & FEMDesign crash

V21 loaded OK and old complex assemblies load and behave OK. But when I loaded a simple assembly and accessed FEM, using loadcase that worked previously Got this massage:
  6. B

FEA

Just a quick report. I received an email from FEMdesigner and I now have my license key and I'm up and running. Yes, I saved the key on my back-up drive and on a separate computer so I shouldn't have this issue again. :?
  7. B

FEA

Thanks for the response, Lew. I'll keep pestering the folks at FD and do the upgrade once we get re-connected. I have had good luck with the basic version but I see some need to move up and gain some more analysis capability. Bob G.
  8. B

FEA

Design Simulation Technologies is pretty pricey for a small time operator like me. I'd rather continue with FD even if it's the stand-alone version. I was considering moving to the Pro Version, have you had experience with that version of FD? If FD is off the table, I guess I'll have to get back...
  9. B

FEA

I'm posting this in the hope of finding out if the FEMDesigner team is watching this forum and still taking orders. I have my new system back up and running and the last detail will be to get FEMDesigner fully back on the air. I have FD running from Geomagic but since I lost all of my saved...
  10. B

System Crashed, need to re-install

Status update: I had some issues with vault, once I had the license key and serial number, vault installed and worked with Geomagic. BUT when I restored the vault with my back-up the M-Files client did not see the restored vault, I struggled and finally uninstalled the client, after I restored...
  11. B

Thanks for the disk image advise, that's one back-up plan that I'll put into action. Some advise I've received points me to the utilities in Windows 7, I want to explore all the option, good to know what other folks are using. I did the install last night with no issues, both help request...
  12. B

Here's the status report: Called 3D Systems support to follow-up the ticket I submitted last night. Talked to the support rep, I think his name was Phil. The email with the keys was in my inbox within 5 minutes. I'll continue the system build tonight. Yup, back-up, back-up....I thought I had...
  13. B

I had a major system crash, resulted in a re-format and restore to original..... Now I don't have my license key and it does not appear to be available from the Geomagic site, like it was in the Alibre site. I have contacted support via email, let's see how they respond. I downloaded the...
  14. B

FEM Designer 64 Bit

Now I'm really considering springing for the upgrade!