What's new

Recent content by Bryan OT

1. B

Part to Sheetmetal

Part to Sheetmetal Quick Alibre Design question. Is it possible to import an Alibre part file into the Alibre Sheet metal module and convert the part file to sheet metal without having to redesign the part from beginning in the sheet metal module...
  2. B

Alibre design challenge

Alibre design challenge I am currently researching Alibre Design software. For the price and what the software offers it is a very intriguing package. Add the free xpress software and you can do wonders for design sharing and communication within a company...
  3. B

Alibre challenge design

Alibre challenge design Here are images of a design challenge for Alibre. I am trying to find out the limitations (if any) of Alibre design compared to other 3D CAD packages. That is why I have come to the experts. Can these designs be done in Alibre? What...
  4. B

What will Alibre sheetmetal do?

I agree with you Harold that the box image is not really manufacturable. How will you get the tooling out? On the airtight seals there is one CAD program that does do that and has been doing it for a couple years now. That is Solid Edge. I have gotten interested in Alibre when I read about the...
  5. B

Screen not showing

Thanks John, I will try it tomorrow at work and update you. Thank You Bryan Lagrange
  6. B

Surfaces in Alibre

Surfaces in Alibre Does Alibre plan to add surfacing tools to Alibre Design in the future? Thank You Bryan Lagrange
  7. B

Alibre Sheet metal capabilities

Continued I guess there is a limit to how much you can write. Here is the rest. BEND TABLE: Another feature I would like to see concerning sheet metal parts is a bend table in the drawing module. This would eliminate user error by placing...
  8. B

Alibre Sheet metal capabilities

Alibre Sheet metal capabilities I see that Alibre Design has sheet metal functionality. I was wondering how it compared to Solid Edge. Similiar to Alibre, Solid Edge has a dedicated Sheet Metal module. Where I work we have 4 seats of Solid Edge V18 and 1 seat of...
  9. B

Screen not showing

I downloaded and installed it as well. I will double check on Monday to see if it took affect. Thanks for the advice
  10. B

Screen not showing

Screen not showing I recently downloaded Alibre Design Xpress to see what it was all about. I have a home account and needless to say I was fairly impressed with a FREE 3D CAD modeler. I then setup an account for work to demonstrate Alibre to the...