What's new

Recent content by cbrowndde

1. C

Constraints

I learned to use computers way before there was Windows!
  2. C

Constraints

David, Paul, Thanks for those nice pointers! Charlie
  3. C

Constraints

Good to know, I have some screws that are entered as sub-assemblies. That brings up another thought, can you release one part or subassembly from an anchored set?
  4. C

Constraints

Thanks David, those are very handy shortcuts! Such things are hard to find in the Alibre help file. Charlie
  5. C

Constraints

6. C

Constraints

Lew & DavidJ; OK, I had to ctl-click on each part in the DE, then anchor the whole lot. That will save me a bunch of trouble. Thanks! Charlie
  7. C

Constraints

Thanks Lew, Can you anchor each part in an assembly with say 100 parts? AutoCAD 2D has a "group" feature for this and my colleagues use Pro-E which has a "Freeze" function, but this information gets lost when they export stp files.
  8. C

Constraints

I get lots of assemblies sent to me as step files etc. Most have lots of parts. Is there a quick way to "freeze" the assembly without constraining the parts one by one? Pieces often get displaced if I try to drag the assembly around.
  9. C

PDF Bug

My problem turned out to be due to a part imported from Zemax, a ray tracing code. It's rays are just lines, with no solid volume, hence the problem converting to pdf. ProE has no problem with these files, but Alibre can't handle them. Alas. I deleted the part from the design and it produced...
  10. C

PDF Bug

I'm having a similar problem. It is a large file, could that be it?