What's new

Recent content by CMick

1. C

Is Python 3.x coming to Alibre Design Pro soon?

Just wanting to know if/when python 3 official support is coming to Alibre Design. That’s all I’m trying to achieve really. Nothing more or less.
  2. C

The last updates are 2 to 4 years ago for the 2.7.x branches from what I could see in those links. Unless I skimmed over something?
  3. C

I guess this was more a question of when official/built-in support would be likely? I searched up and apparently 2.7.x branch has been discontinued with no further security or maintenance updates for a while now.
  4. C

Just wondering if a newer version of Python is likely to land on Alibre Design Pro anytime soon?
  5. C

What approach to take with designing a case top with different side shapes

I think I have had success with the Cuboid "DavidJ" suggestion. My shapes are very rough, compared to the source material, though I think I have a workable approach now (see attached image). Pretty much subtracting or chipping away at a virtual block with various cuts, then adding in the...
  6. C

Thanks everyone for the help, I tried the "Thin Extrude" method, I got fairly close with my extrusions, I wasn't able to really comprehend the lofting portion. (Screenshot attached). I didn't bother with the small corner cut-outs as I'm fairly certain I can use a Chamfer feature to get those...
  7. C

Hi there, I'm brand-new to Alibre Design pro. I have watched some/most of the provided free video content. This is literally day 1 of my journey with using the program. I am trying to recreate a case lid as a means of learning the software. I am trying to approximate or create a toy version of...