What's new

Recent content by Deckerd

1. D

Cursor Color - FIX PROVIDED

Cursor Color Thanks Dana, I was surprised they were hidden. Cursor color is now back to normal. Thanks Keith
  2. D

Cursor Color - FIX PROVIDED

Cursor color fix / file doesn't exist Hello Max, I also wanted to revert back to the original cursor. I downloaded the file but am unable to find this location on my computer. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alibre Design\Lang. Is there an alternative location. I use...
  3. D

V12 has exceeded my expectations

Hello, I've used V12 on a complex assembly project for about a week and have found this release the best so far. I like the view transitions, the on the fly dimension inputs and the performance of 2D drafting. I was happy to see that the drafting line quality (circle tessellation) has been...
  4. D

Parameters changing in multi-configuration part files

Nick, Are you sure you're activating the desire configuration of the individual part when you insert it into the assembly? The picture below shows the part configuration drop down. When working with part configurations that have changes like overall length; I make sure that all the other...
  5. D

Why can't I dimension drawing details??

Do you mean you're having trouble dimensioning within a detail view like in the image below?
  6. D

Tube structure, intersecting tubes - how to trim the insides

Kineoptics, I noticed that other members are also working on tubular frameworks. I've attached a couple of images of a basic tubular framework. It's created of individual pieces. I cross-sectioned the assembly. I'll attempt some using 3D sketching later.
  7. D

sketching with axes and planes

Hello MilesH, I believe I may understand how you create your tubing connections. Are you using the Sweep Boss feature and choosing to sweep to a target geometry? That seemed to work for me. Your method is far easier than the method I was previously using. Here are some images of my attempt. I've...
  8. D

update links in drawings?

Hello, If you're making minor modifications to a base part and saving each individually; you may want to use the configurations feature instead. It allows you to create a primary part and create different configurations of it. They are all saved within the single part file. You can give them...
  9. D

Poor 2D representation of 3D model

Hello, Was the image generated in Alibre? You may get a better result if you export the drawing file as a 2004 dwg file and work with it in a program like Adobe Illustrator. That's the only way I use Alibre 2D drawings. If you don't have Illustrator you can post the Part or Drawing file and I...
  10. D

Timing belt modelling approach?

Hello, Creating a timing belt was one of the most difficult models I've had to produce. I found the most difficult part was having to use the exact pitch length of a standard belt. I also had to use the tooth geometry. I knew the position and centerline distance between the pulleys but I also...
  11. D

Tube structure, intersecting tubes - how to trim the insides

Hello Kineoptics, I've attached a couple of images. Is this the kind of model you would like to create? If I'm off the mark please indicate the changes that you need and I'll try to work on them. Keith 3dstudioproductions.com
  12. D

Does Alibre have plans to offer Hypershot HD?

I currently use Alibre Expert. Here is the text of the email. Don't need to Upgrade? Buy HyperShot Web (a $195 Value) for only $50 Thanks for the response Max. I'll contact sales for Hypershot HD pricing. Deckerd
  13. D

Does Alibre have plans to offer Hypershot HD?

I recently received an email that indicated I could purchase a Hypershot (web) license for $50. I would rather purchase Hypershot HD instead. Does anyone know if Alibre plans to offer this product. Thanks Deckerd
  14. D

Repeat Linear

Hello, I downloaded and opened your file this evening and have a couple of questions. Is it correct to assume your trying to linear repeat the entire component? 128 copies on the X axis, 64 copies on the Y axis and 4 copies on the Z axis. If this is incorrect please indicate the features your...
  15. D

Drawing Text Size

Dan, You may want to try this. Import your DWG. On the main tool bar click Tools then Dimension Styles. The dimension styles dialogue box will open. Click on new dimension style in the upper right hand portion of the box. Give the new style a unique name such as "larger_text". In the text tab...