What's new

Recent content by dlaery

1. dlaery

What determines the Item number in the BOM?

can that be changed? I am trying to come up with an order of assembly for someone to follow to put the assembly togeather or a set of directions.
  2. dlaery

exploded views

i found how to edit and delete
  3. dlaery

exploded views

is there a way to delete these or edit them like moving a part? I don't see anything in assembly that shows that I can open any one of these to edit. everything I select Exploded Views it just creates a new one
  4. dlaery

serious problem

ok it did it again. I was working on a new part. I was trying to add a new plane and this happens when I use the cube to line up the view to see where to place the plane and then when I zoom out with the wheel on the mouse everything disappears, I didn't save changes when it ask before shutting...
  5. dlaery

serious problem

there is nothing on the screen. in assembly i can activate sketch, select a plane in the design explorer, turn on grid and nothing shows up, blank screen like the pic i posted above. i had a backup and had to add some parts back and that file works fine. in this attached pic it shows 2 different...
  6. dlaery

serious problem

i have tried the "zoom to fit". I am using 27039. this occurred while on a "zoom meeting" and was zooming out and it went blank. I have been using the "zoom meeting" a lot in the past 4 weeks with different files. I have imported screws from McMasterCarr at different times throughout the...
  7. dlaery

serious problem

Some are hidden, I can open all of them in a separate window from the DE, edit. In assembly there are no visible planes. No cube nothing as my screenshot shows. I did click the regen.
  8. dlaery

serious problem

other assemblies open ok.
  9. dlaery

serious problem

I have an assembly i have been working on for 4 weeks and all of the sudden my screen is blank. if i click on a part in the design explorer and edit in a separate window it opens fine and displays the part but when i go back to assembly my screen is blank. i have restarted my computer and still...
  10. dlaery

Rotate the View

thank you! I didn't know that.
  11. dlaery

Rotate the View

I have an assembly with some long parts and some images that are slightly large and those seem to make it difficult to rotate a part to edit or to constrain without the part completely going off the screen out of site. I try to use this Set Rotation Points, sometimes it works and sometimes it...
  12. dlaery

can't change color of a part

thanks
  13. dlaery

can't change color of a part

I can't change the color of this part. it is a part of an assembly. I can't change the color in the assembly or in the part by itself.
  14. dlaery

Sheet metal square to round loft, export to dxf

I have created a lofted square to round sheet metal part using the Lofted command in sheet metal. when I did a flat pattern it is not lined up on a plane this is a frt view. When I create a drawing, in the preview window of the it, still shows not flat, then I try to rotate it to a flat view...