What's new

Recent content by flacustom

1. flacustom

Simlab Integration

That worked, Thanks Ralf!
  2. flacustom

Global Parameters For Cabinet Box

I did try to make a new configuration for a new size cabinet box in both the GLP file and the assembly file, but without changing each individual part, pointing to the new configuration and saving the new parts with different names, it would only change the number of shelves and their spacing...
  3. flacustom

Ultimately I would like to be able to have a "stock" basic cabinet box that I can modify quickly to different dimensions and then add it into different design assemblies. I may need two or three different boxes of varying heights, widths and depths in a single design with different number of...
  4. flacustom

Is it possible to cause a drawing to only display the non-hidden parts of an assembly?

From my experience, if parts are only hidden in an assembly they will show up when a drawing is generated. They would need to be supressed to not show up. If this is not practical, you are able to hide parts that you do not want to see in a drawing by right clicking on the parts you want to...
  5. flacustom

To date I have been building my basic cabinet boxes using configurations for the various parts and cabinet assemblies. While this has been working fine, after watching the Global Parameters instructional video it seems like I may save some time building various sizes by just changing the...
  6. flacustom

Simlab Integration

Thanks David, but I was hoping to test out Simlab for it's rendering capabilties compared to KeyShot. SimWise doesn't look like it is for photorealistic renderings.
  7. flacustom

Simlab Integration

Does Simlab 3D plugin work with V27? I've tried twice to install the demo version and when selecting the logo in the Add ons it says Simlab can't be found, so I uninstalled and tried again. Is anybody using the free demo version with Alibre V27? Thanks - Dusty
  8. flacustom

When did you start using the best cad system in the world?

Found Alibre late 2007 while looking for CAD type programs for cabinetry but all seemed to be specific to kitchen/bath cabinetry. I was primarily building custom retail displays and retail store buildouts that didn't fit into the typical cabinetry programs. I downloaded a trial version and saw...
  9. flacustom

video presentation

I've been trying out some of the free recorders and a couple pay versions but haven't really found one I like. I just downloaded the test version of Bandicam and it seems like what I'm looking for. It's worth taking a look at. I like to options to record the whole screen or select a custom area...
  10. flacustom

Trying to Apply Carbon Fiber to Rendering

In the process of rendering a model in KeyShot, I tried to add the 2 x 2 Black Twill fabric from the KS material library, but it only appears black in the completed rendering. I did a little research and from what I can see the parts/surfaces in question need UV mapping (?). I have used...
  11. flacustom

Sketch feature on Non Planar surface?

Well I knew I could count on the Alibre community to come through when I got stuck, Thanks All! I used a combination of wrap and project to turn the smooth cabinet door faces into raised panel looking doors. I know they can be better, but I just needed to get them to represent raised panels in...
  12. flacustom

Sketch feature on Non Planar surface?

I was wondering if there was a way to use a sketch feature on a non planar surface? I have a curved panel that I would like to mimic a raised panel door with 2 1/4" full depth perimeter to mimic rails and stiles with a 1/2" deep extrude cut to mimic the center panel on the convex surface. If...
  13. flacustom

Import .DWG as 3D

Thanks Guys! Yes I have copied and pasted 2D sketches in the past and extruded them in the case of a metal extrusion shape. But this part is a contoured wood part and when opening in an Alibre drawing space only shows the top outline view of the shape. I was able to open the .DWG file in an...
  14. flacustom

Import .DWG as 3D

Hello, I downloaded a file from a company for a part that is listed as an Autocad 2D/3D file in .DWG format. But it will only open in Alibre as a 2D drawing. Is there a way to import or open this file as a 3D part? Thank you, - Dusty
  15. flacustom

Publish to 3D-PDF - Resolved

I have a different issue with 3D PDF generation. Once a 3D PDF is activated it changes all of the part colors in the assembly. This only happens in assemblies that have been produced since I upgraded to ver. 2019. Any older assemblies built in older versions of Alibre that I tested by publishing...