What's new

Recent content by gld

1. gld

Help with guide lofting

The cord line of the airfoil is on the xy plane, so are the guide sketches.
  2. gld

Help with guide lofting

I saw those gaps in the small end, but if you look at sketch 3 or 4, the end is snapped to the ends of the airfoil sketch. Or so it appears. Anyway, I think lofting on a center line may be a better solution. Thanks for looking.
  3. gld

Help with guide lofting

This is a test run, not the finished part. I been working on this the last 3 evenings with no luck. I have followed this you tube Alibre Beginners Course #17 to the letter. (I think??). Sketch 1&2 will loft, but when you add a guide (sketch 3 or 4) it fails. darn if I can figure out why. Gary
  4. gld

Assembly problem

Yep, that fixed it. Thank s fellows.
  5. gld

Assembly problem

This gear case asm has a shaft that will rotate, until it is inserted into a larger asm. Now it's locked. I have searched this form and watched several Alibre video's for an answer. Why does it lock and how do I unlock it??? :mad:
  6. gld

When did you start using the best cad system in the world?

I beleive I started in late 2021 with V24
  7. gld

Upgrade to V27 on Windows7

I was not going to upgrade to V27 on this computer until I discovered 26 will not open files saved on 27.
  8. gld

Did not work.
  9. gld

It done every thing I needed, so no need to upgrade. Until now.
  10. gld

I don't remember doing this trick on 26, but it has work without problems. I'll give it a shot on 27.
  11. gld

I upgraded my shop computer to V27. When I try to create a new work space I get this error message. at com.alibre.design.server.DesignWorkspace.getTopologyContextForConfiguration(Nullable`1 configurationId, Boolean generateBodyIfNeeded, Boolean forceCompute) at...
  12. gld

Mechanical Constraints

Sorry I was in hurry and forgot I was suppose to post a pkg file. A few hours later. OK, I fixed this problem. Now working on different one. Will post if I can't fix it. Thanks for your help
  13. gld

Mechanical Constraints

Is the help file up to date for V26. I've tried every constraint (it will accept with out error) and can not get CamIdler Gear to rotate on it's axis by it's self. According to the help file it must.
  14. gld

license portal

Several times in the last 2 weeks, it has not released the license on my shop computer at the end of the day. Is it just me or is there a problem with the server
  15. gld

Constraint help

I created spline, and extruded a part from that. As you cam see the cam face was selected as one face, but it did not apply the constraint. Bummer!!!!!!!