What's new

Recent content by Gregory

1. G

Helical gears creation

in the case of touching both sides, i want to make a perfect profile, and adding backlash would be done later, when i am sure that the actual profile is ok.
  2. G

Helical gears creation

It can't be right, because when you look at the gear from the side, you see a triange, and you dont use the longest side length in this calculation. I succeeded in making the helical gears by using loft cut tool instead of helical cut tool. Seems like something is off with helical cut tool or...
  3. G

Helical gears creation

Thank You for very informative replies. I have changed the helix pitch calculation to "modulus * number_of_teeth * pi / tan( helical_angle)", and the helix profile orientation to "normal" per suggestions and it seems to work very good! I still struggle with the tooth profile though. I create it...
  4. G

Helical gears creation

Another example, i tried to remade the healical gears by taking the gear profile straight from spur gears, still no luck.
  5. G

Helical gears creation

Good morning. I need to make accurate involute helical gears in Alibre Atom3D. When i construct gear cutout as always and make a straight gear they mesh perfectly. When i use the same sketch and make a helical cut, with a helical pitch calculated from a formula: "reference circle diameter" /...
  6. G

It's that time again...

Have You thought about Prusa Mk3S printer?
  7. Sketch_pattern

Sketch_pattern

8. G

Alibre Linear pattern not parametric?

You can use the profile tool in the sketch workspace for working parametric linear patterns in sketch. Sketch_pattern by Gregory posted Sep 28, 2021 at 11:30 AM