What's new

Recent content by gsieben

1. G

Thoughts on this laptop for Atom3D

You'll be fine. We bought a laptop recently with same processor, same graphics, but only 8GB of RAM. For simple needs, the graphics is fine and provides a smooth Alibre experience. Unlike Intel Integrated Graphics on our 8th Gen desktop which is really hurting right now...
  2. G

Difference in 2d drawing tools between Atom3D and Profesional?

Alibre actually has a little-known part of their website detailing, with videos, all the things you get by buying Professional. It has more detail and examples than the Comparison page. https://www.alibre.com/upgrade/
  3. G

Measured draft outwards

My natural workflow (what would immediately come to mind as the most logical way to build this), would be to take a look at my solid, draw the outermost edge of the groove on the surface, then Extrude Cut downwards, and add Draft to the sides. However, if I add Draft to the sides, I can't say...
  4. G

Measured draft outwards

Hello, Maybe there's a feature for this I am missing (or maybe it could be an added feature), but imagine the following scenario: I'm making a simple mold, and I need to put a channel (or groove) in this mold, for another mold above it to have a matching tongue to fit into it. I could use...
  5. G

Atom3D and threads for 3D printing

I wonder if there would be some sort of hybrid possible; where you could choose to have the aesthetic threads in the model for both performance and edit-friendliness, but then create real threads when exporting to an STL or STEP for manufacturing or 3D Printing. Or, perhaps, just the ability to...
  6. G

Atom3D Forum ?

I wonder if (just throwing out a suggestion here), maybe in the future Atom3D could have a button called "Pro Features Demo Mode." If you click the button and accept a warning, you can use any professional features you like; with the penalty of either being unable to save or export your work, or...
  7. G

v27 Status?

It depends on what you want to accomplish. For many of us, the fact that if Autodesk has a bad day (or we don't resubscribe) - we lose access to the drawings and the software is an intolerable situation. It's also not theoretical - random portions of paying users have had outages of parts of...