What's new

Recent content by Happycamper

1. H

problems with printing pdf

I assemble some parts. Then I make an exploded view. I try to print via pdf (as I can see it on the screen within pdf) and it fails. Then a blank page feeds thru the printer. Is there somewhere I can download the pdf and start fresh? Having followed the instructions in the help menu continues to...
  2. H

Scaling

I want to scale a part. Meaning... if I require 50% scale which a 20 inch part becomes 10 inches. All other characteristics reflect the same. Not to be confused with scaling a part to fit the drawing (paper size). (somewhere ) in my wanderings that it is a download that I cannot find.
  3. H

Exploded views and isometric

Correspondence to sales last week was not able to answer a couple questions. It seems Alibre Pro will allow to expand an assembly but deny printing in expanded view. A second question in standard view we have FView, TView, RSView and isometric usually top right corner. To accurately dimension...
  4. H

Discovered unknown things never before seen.

I purchased for the princely sum of $30.00 from amazon SOLIDWORKS EXERCISES. Therein are samples of real life parts in manufacturing. Quire interesting. However, uninvited things are happening now and then. I uploaded exercise 25 and as you go down the tree silly things are happening near the...
  5. H

Trying to make a mouse

In my XY plane I draw a shape equal both sides of a center line. Although it is a top view, it is at Z 000. I proceed to try to have a XZ plane in which I shape a line on center and full X length. All Z 000 to Z plus dims. I proceed to try a YZ plane and draw a line showing shape full Y distance...
  6. H

DXF Files

I made an explicit reference that I needed to import and export DXF files. I cannot find anywhere in Alibre anything referencing anything DXF . I would like someone to explain where I need to go in order to utilize DXF files. I purchased Alibre Expert within the last two weeks. Thanks in advance
  7. H

Alibre 2019 Printing issues

Add to your list Canon TS 3122 and Canon MX 490 as unfriendly to Alibre
  8. H

Printers

I assumed that program output would be translated to a neutral format in order for Bill gates Plug and Play within Windows OS to recognize various devises (printers) to execute output. It appears that the 3 Canon printers I have win the argument of Plug and Pray to my dismay. That being...
  9. H

Space Mouse Speed

My 3DCONNEXION had the jitters as after releasing it kept jittering for bit. I downloaded August30 and it upgraded. Works very smoothly and stops when I want it to.
  10. H

Printer problems

I applied legacy and shut the program. Nothing changed. I shut the whole computer down, Restarted. I was able to print a template I made and was saved as a drawing. Now we are one step closer. To print a part is not happening . It just feeds a sheet of paper through.
  11. H

Printer problems

CANON MX 490 ALIBRE PROFESSIONAL Will not print a part with this printer. Within the script library it has printed the gear sample. It has printed a BOM sample included with the software. It will print a Word document. It will not print the flange sample. The Alibre was licensed about 2 days...
  12. H

OT - Let's Talk Tolerances

Within GD&T especially the metric system, there is all the info for shafts and bore diameters. They are designated similar tap sizes as in GH4, GH5 etc.