What's new

Recent content by hermit.shed

1. H

Assembly Group & Rearrange Parts In Assembly Tree

I would like this too. IIRC solidworks called it demoting
  2. H

v27 extra crashy?

OK most current driver. Doesn't seem to spike as bad. Not sure that would be the cause of alibre crashing, but hopefully that is now ruled out.
  3. H

v27 extra crashy?

I just tried it and yes the nvidia gpu shows spikes all the way to 100% even.
  4. H

v27 extra crashy?

I am having a much higher than normal amount of crashes. It can be trying open a file, edit a sketch, work in an assembly, I haven't detected a specific task that is a trigger. Running on a laptop and alibre is using the nvidia gaming card not the intel.
  5. H

v27 file extensions association

Well, you got .stp but forgot .step. Both file extensions exist.
  6. H

change default "export as dxf" version

So definitely an oddity within the software, but at least now I can export my dxf files with less hassle. Thanks fellas.
  7. H

How do you have a second file location? I only have it on the top ribbon.
  8. H

I just tried again, because often I am stupid. It still did not remember it.
  9. H

I couldn't find anything in the software help and my searches didn't find the answer either. I want to set default "export as dxf" (in a drawing) as an older version like autocad 2000. I tried selecting it on an export but alibre did not remember next time (defaulting back to autocad 2018. I...
  10. H

flanges, lips and other bent features in sheetmetal

I saw that, but I don't want to have another software company hassling me. If it's more like SW price than Alibre price it's not worth it to me to pursue at this point.
  11. H

Ralf, that looks interesting. What kind of price range does unfold run?
  12. H

Harold, that is very helpful. I have done very little with loft and I will definitely be using that technique again. I take it there is no way to have the flange be sheet metal that could be unfolded as well?
  13. H

Actually making the part is sorted out, I just want to be able to model it so we can iterate.
  14. H

I would like to laser cut sheet metal, press brake the lip then run through sheet roller.
  15. H

I haven't been able to find info on how to make sheet metal rings or tubes with features in them. The .smp is what I was able to figure out to get a rolled ring. the .prt file I cheated to get the look of the lip I want on the ring. I've tried using flange both when bent and unbent. I tried...