What's new

Recent content by JEdgarEE

1. J

Shell Tool Behavior

I understand the thicken tool works with normal vectors. The thickening tool seems to be working as intended. However, for the part I need the normal goes acute and obtuse to 90 degrees from the sketch plane. Thus, a simple extrude cut for normal vectors larger then 90 isn't enough. I would...
  2. J

Shell Tool Behavior

I agree this kind of works. You fixed(adjusted, lose 0.001") the 45-degree surface but the bottom surface doesn't play nicely. The only reason this works on the 45-degree surface is because the loft feature is tangent there. The bottom surface is completely non-flat, and I lose almost 0.4" of...
  3. J

Shell Tool Behavior

You appear to be running V28 when you created that file. I can't open it. V28 isn't out yet, correct? It's an Acoustic test setup for NASA's next space suit. I'm actually the EE on the task designing the comms unit. It is fun stuff!
  4. J

Shell Tool Behavior

See attached.
  5. J

Shell Tool Behavior

This seems to work but creates another problem. Load this file into an assembly and you can't reference the 45-degree flat surface to anything....
  6. J

Shell Tool Behavior

Yea, I created a surface and thickened it to get the part I somewhat wanted... How do I submit an S&D ticket? Thanks for the responses, folks.
  7. J

Shell Tool Behavior

Ken, I did this at first. But it raised a different problem... It seemed to create non-symmetrical wall thicknesses...
  8. J

Shell Tool Behavior

Attached is a file that has an error in the shell operation. I am trying to shell out both flat surfaces to make an odd tube-like object with a wall thickness of 0.5". Can someone explain why it results in an error? I believe it has something to do with the sketch that's on the offset ZX...
  9. J

adding a image to a surface

Any status on the implementation of this? Would be very useful. As a new subscriber, I find myself running into a lot these types of responses on the forms. What is high priority? Do you have a road map of whats to come? Kind regards, Joey