What's new

Recent content by JimCad

1. J

Post Processors for Atom3D or Should I Update to the CNC Versioning?

Seems to be quite a few youtube videos about it. :) Jim
  2. J

You should be fine then if you have their software. Same as everything else. . . . . . familiarity is your friend. You just have to keep doing it. I have a lathe in my garage. I'm almost tempted but probably best if I don't. ;):) Jim
  3. J

Just looked online. Watched a Turning video. Acorn software looks good on first inspection. Is it a sensible price? Although the treading looked like a straight plunge so cutting both sides of the tool. Don't know if it can follow the flank angle like a G76 does????? Long time since I did any...
  4. J

Does it have any "canned cycles" ? Rough & finish turning, threading etc? If not I can understand the need for post processing. If you have them it's fairly straight forward to write the programs yourself. Jim
  5. J

Is your lathe work very complicated then? What controller is on your Lathe / Lathes ? Jim
  6. J

Sooo...What's this?

I watched some tutorials on RM last night and so far I'm VERY impressed. Time is my constraint here so I'll keep watching as & when I can and then I'll download the trial. Aspire has an "Emboss" tool which flattens a 3D model so it can be carved but RM looks FAR better. I'm rather excited about...
  7. J

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

Yes but if you don't select them in the correct order it seems that it doesn't work so you try and try again & again & again & again & . . . . . . . . . . . I've not used the Alibre method yet but can see that having the separate button also makes a lot of sense. Jim
  8. J

Sooo...What's this?

I have a 6090 CNC router and use Aspire V11.5 I can create a 3D relief from an STL etc. but on the couple of times I've done it I didn't get results as good as the one in the video. If it's not silly money I'll take a look at RM when I get a free minute. If it's expensive then I won't bother. Jim
  9. J

Alibre and CAM partners

I too use Vectric Aspire. :) Jim
  10. J

KeyShot Going to Subscription - Oh Boy!

I too will not pay subscription. :( Jim
  11. J

Project to Sketch

I just looked at the features and price then decided to go for the full version. (Risky if Mrs. Jim finds out) but as I was doing a bit of freelance work I got the tax man to pay. :) I turned 70 last week and still doing a bit. In fact I got a call whilst in Tenerife last week. I have to model...
  12. J

Project to Sketch

Sorry for the delay. Been on a cruise to the Canaries to celebrate my 70th. I decided to upgrade from Atom and just thought "Oh well I'll go for the full package and hope Mrs. Jim doesn't find out." I remember looking at the list of things different between Pro & Expert and made a choice. I'm...
  13. J

Project to Sketch

I'm still asleep. I said I have Pro. I don't. I have Expert. It's 04:30 here in the UK. :) Jim
  14. J

Creating Helical Threads with Catalog Features

Thank you Harold. I'll need to come back and watch this a few times. Jim
  15. J

Project to Sketch

I started with Atom but very quickly upgraded to Pro as I could see what a bargain it is. ( my Wife would go crazy if she found out ) I'm just a retired hobbyist but do a bit of freelance stuff as & when I can. My maintenance has finished now and I'll decide whether to renew it or not when I...