What's new

Recent content by JJ Steel Works

1. JJ Steel Works

Mirror or Circular or Linear pattern

Ok so you are saying it would only be defined in the 3D pattern?
  2. JJ Steel Works

OK so you are saying there is no option to have it working in the 2D sketch? I have the same issue when doing an offset. The offset line will not be defined to the offset
  3. JJ Steel Works

How can I get my mirrored or pattern objects to keep the full defined positions? I am used to using inventor and there was never the issue that when you mirrored or patterned something that it would not be constrained to the mirrored defined object. It is driving me a little crazy everytime I...
  4. JJ Steel Works

Open a new part

Is there a way that when I open a new part that it will open as a tab rather than a new window? It bugs me that I have to switch between windows rather than tabs like more programs these days.
  5. JJ Steel Works

Why is all my buttons grayed out?

Great thank you! I will have a look at it and I don't think my computer should have an issue with that part. I just noticed my laptop it works but my main/better computer doesn't. I'll check that out thanks!
  6. JJ Steel Works

I'm not sure. How do I check? I'm new to Alibre cad. I'm used to inventor and little ok SolidWorks.
  7. JJ Steel Works

It seems all my view buttons are grayed out and i have no idea why that is?
  8. JJ Steel Works

Chain Links

Thanks that is interesting for sure
  9. JJ Steel Works

Chain Links

Yes that will do just fine in my needs. Thanks!! How did you get the planes in the chainlink?
  10. JJ Steel Works

Chain Links

Yup for what I need now that's all I would use. Thanks
  11. JJ Steel Works

Chain Links

Yes I did and thank you. I am very new to alibre design. I just got it a few months ago and I don't use it much but I have done inventor and SolidWorks. Everytime so far when I use this program I can't finish what I was doing as it just doesn't work as hoped. I am planning to draw a swing set...
  12. JJ Steel Works

Chain Links

Can someone help me figure this out? I wanted to make a chain like this and I cannot get that working. I can draw a link yes but how do i make a chain from the link? I can't seem to constrain the links to make a chain. thats is one thing i would like but then after that i would like to know how...