What's new

Recent content by Kenneth

1. K

Sheet metal contour problem

Thank you very much. Have decided to start with a "straight" piece before and after my bend, else it might get tricky to make I guess :)
  2. K

Thank you very much :)
  3. K

That worked, thanks !
  4. K

Hi, Why can't I select a sketch, when creating a sheet metal contour? I click the "sketch" box in the top of the window, but it's not added when i mark the sketch. Any help would be much appreciated
  5. K

Boolean Substract, circular pattern

Great solutions - thats a lot :)
  6. K

This might be the easiest solution, thanks :D
  7. K

My question is only related to the treaded holes - sorry about the confusing. If I do that, then it might be a good idea not to use the Boolean tool at all. Just circulear and linear pattern both cut and threaded holes. Will try that - thanks :D
  8. K

Hi, I have created some cuts in an axis, using Boolean Substract. Then using circular pattern to place the cuts/holes in a spiral. Not sure how to hand the next part. How do I add two threaded holes to each cut? Do I really have to create them manually, one by one? Any suggestions? :)
  9. K

Make weldment on assembly

Guess some things are just easier in other software :p
  10. K

I managed to use Dimenstions to fix the possition: But how to "Revolve" it around center axis? Seems it's missing
  11. K

Hi, I would like to fill this gap (assembly) with a weldment (pure visuals). In other CAD programs I can make a sketch and resolve around the center axis - but how can I snap to existing structure? And is this even possible? To make it revolve around center axis? I cant find a "Revolve"...
  12. K

Merge parts into new subsassembly

I think it was once possible to just select some parts, right-click and select "Make assembly" or something like that. All makes etc. would be saved in the new subassembly. Cant do this anymore though - maybe I remember wrong.
  13. K

Merge parts into new subsassembly

Hi, I got an assembly containing about 50 parts. Is there an easy way to make a subassembly with some of those parts? They are currently all mated into one big assembly - need to make make some smaller assemblies now.
  14. K

Tube/frame designer

Thanks DavidJ. I managed to do it using Thin Wall Extrude and then Shell. 60x60x3 frame: For future reference: 1. Make a normal Sketch 2. I get an alert, I luck ignore it. 3. Click Thin Extrude 4. Mid Plane, 60 mm. (plane will be in center of the tube) Wall Thickness, 30 to each...
  15. K

Tube/frame designer

Hi, Does Alibre have a tool to create tube-frames? I came from Solid Edge before Alibre, and in SE it's possible to create a sketch for the frame you want, then click a Frame Design tool. Then you select what size of tube you want e.g.40x40x2, then select your sketch (2d or 3d), and the...