What's new

Recent content by Larry

1. L

Creating reference lines in drawings - how to?

Not sure if this is what you're requesting, but here's an earlier thread on this. https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/bolt-circle-centerline.21763/#post-142046
  2. L

I REALLY Hate this!

It doesn't "screw up" my machine, a task manager "end task, Alibre" bailout is all that is required to recover. Guess I should've been more clear though... loading the file into Alibre will not cause a problem. When the "Reproject Views" is selected, then the error occurs. The file has to be...
  3. L

I REALLY Hate this!

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread. Anyway, here's a file that on my machine(s) will send Alibre into an infinite loop every time - use Task Manager to bail out. Probably a corrupt file, but still... On V23 23055
  4. L

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

7680 x 1440 (3 screens landscape) 100%
  5. L

Bolt circle centerline

Thanks all... do appreciate the replies, and the thought/effort that went into them DavidJ, I did already try the method of tweaking the centerline (cross) orientation - I'll now give a go with the idslk and wazzu83 methods. Both ideas seem to give the results required. I do agree with HaroldL...
  6. L

Bolt circle centerline

Revisiting this... included is a practice part with some circular slots for which I'd like to generate centerlines. Should look much as the sample .jpg image with radial centerlines for each slot, and a circular (bolt circle) centerline. Is there a way to do this from the part file included ...
  7. L

Bolt circle centerline

David, No, not cuts. I have found a way to create what I need: but, it seems that this has to be specified when the view is first created from the Part file. Attempting to add the bolt circle afterwards doesn't seem to work. Thanks again, Larry
  8. L

Bolt circle centerline

Thanks David, The "File Properties" set-up is the same as you indicate - what I get is the radial portion of the center-line, the full bolt circle doesn't appear. The only change I see is that if the "Show Tangent For Centers" is checked, then an orthogonal (to the radial) center is placed...
  9. L

Bolt circle centerline

Did a quick search of the forum, nothing I could find in the help files either... In the Part view, I have a series of holes inserted with the "Circular Feature Pattern". In the Drawing view I wish to dimension these holes with a circular center-line (bolt circle, dashed), and an angle...
  10. L

Ambient Occlusion setting...?

Just curious... is there a way to adjust the level of ambient occlusion (view toolbar). Nothing in "System Options" that I could find. I like the overall effect, but it's too heavy in the default - sort of gives the parts a Gothic Art appearance. Larry
  11. L

Opening start screen - recent files editing

Is there a way within the program itself (setting preferences, etc) to remove files from the recent files listing ? It often gets cluttered with no longer used files (same different, save often). This editing can be done through the registry, but I'd just as soon not use this on a regular...
  12. L

Hole tool and part configurations

Created a part - placed a hole using the hole tool. Created a second configuration - made this configuration active and then changed both the diameter and depth of the hole. When I switch between configurations, only the depth is correctly shown for each configuration - the diameter remains at...
  13. L

Precise Section 2019 build 20050 Issues

Simon... guess this could be part of the same "bug". However, the issue with the prt file I submitted was quite repeatable - Alibre support was able to replicate it quickly.
  14. L

Max, thanks. This issue is still present in 20055. Earlier today I submitted a support ticket including the prt file. The part has two shells - this may be confusing the Precise Section tool. Though it's curious that when a sketch is edited, the correct section then appears.
  15. L

Did read the earlier postings on this subject, but I'm starting a new thread as suggested - if this is still being worked on for a later update, then guess this post can be ignored. I have one particular part (open rectangular box, i.e. tank) generated in Alibre (not an imported file). Part...