What's new

Recent content by neilr

1. neilr

Error loading assemblies

I just recently starting getting this when I try and load my assembly, this also happens with other assemblies but not all. Anyone have any idea whats going on ? I've not made any changes to my system, Also I have uninstalled and re- installed Alibre to no effect on the error. Thanks for any help
  2. neilr

Topographic map

Looks good for the large scale stuff and will be great when I get to building my Lowrider2, but I will have to play with the it a bit to see if I can get a good gradient that represents the actual height, those are 5' increments on my topo.
  3. neilr

Topographic map

HI Bigseb, I will look into that and see how it works, though not sure how accurate that will be Z scale wise.. but will get zsurf and see. Spent 2 years remodeling a property before I sold it, and my motherboard fried on me so I was only able to model on an old windows vista laptop, Alibre 12...
  4. neilr

Topographic map

HI all been away for sometime and glad to be back. I have a new project and what I have will do but was hoping someone here might be able to help me improve my result. Attached is a photo of a plot of land, 10 acres, next to the basic topo I drew up. I initially intended to loft the layers but I...
  5. neilr

3D printing - thinking of buying a machine...

Still a nubee in the 3d printing world but went with the Ender 3 Pro to get my feet wet... Liking it so far and the fb community has been a big help. https://creality3d.shop/collections/ender-series-3d-printer/products/creality3d-ender-3-pro-high-precision-3d-printer My first...
  6. Orcrist 3

Orcrist 3

Orcrist was an Elven sword from Gondolin, the mate of Glamdring, which became the sword of Thorin II Oakenshield during The Quest of Erebor. It was used by Thorin in The Hobbit, and was feared and called Biter by the Goblins
  7. Orcrist 2

Orcrist 2

Orcrist was an Elven sword from Gondolin, the mate of Glamdring, which became the sword of Thorin II Oakenshield during The Quest of Erebor. It was used by Thorin in The Hobbit, and was feared and called Biter by the Goblins
  8. Orcrist 1

Orcrist 1

Orcrist was an Elven sword from Gondolin, the mate of Glamdring, which became the sword of Thorin II Oakenshield during The Quest of Erebor.
  9. Arena10

Arena10

Interior shot of the 100' x 200' arena
  10. Geo1

Geo1

Better pic showing the different lengths of pvc used and how they are combined.
  11. neilr

funny behavior using helix

just a thought as I haven't had a chance to try it yet but what if you did 1mmx1mm thread but only one revolution, so there would be no intersecting wires. then did a linear pattern up the rod?
  12. neilr

Modeling question of forging

Nice, hope we helped.
  13. neilr

Modeling question of forging

There are multiple ways you can do this. Here is one method.
  14. neilr

Runs great on poor system

I notice a large performance improvement with large assemblies and complex constraints. Wait time to load is where it is most apparent.
  15. neilr

Runs great on poor system

Lol. Yeah it is kind of like living in the stone age. But hope to build an up to date system before to long.