What's new

Recent content by netcp

1. N

Creating Shaded Views

I need shaded views quite often so that's why this incomprehensible limitation is a certain annoyance in Alibre, at least for me. I know there are other reasons not to use inter design relations, but sometimes it would be useful to use them in moderation.
  2. N

V25 Sluggish for me. Still loses contraints.

I noticed 2 things with V25: 1. Moving a not fully constraint part in a larger assembly with the mouse, the part movement is not smooth it jumps. 2. Import of a large Step file seems as slow as it was before the large speed improvement of V24. I dont try the beta before.
  3. N

Crash when opening

I stumbled across the same behavior. Alibre should give at least a warning that the relationships are break by renaming.
  4. N

How could I change the configuration a drawing view is based on?

No i dont request an automation tool. I only want the possibility to use an exiting drawing of a configuration and switch it to a different configuration. Then add the missing or redo the red parts.
  5. N

Why should this be extra work? Config #1 stay at it is or will be updated if necessary. Config #2 is a variation of config #1 but is a separate product with the need of its own dokumentation, for e.g. manufacturing drawings, assembling drawings or BOMs. #1 and #2 differ often only in the...
  6. N

That's exactly what I want to do.
  7. N

To bad, hoped at least for a workaround. It feels so stupid to do the same work again and again. So much waste of time. I think it would be really worth the effort to include this function in Alibre. So the idea of configurations is not thought through to the end.
  8. N

The title says it all, i often must do drawings from parts or assemblies which are slightly different. I use configurations for that but couldnt find a way to avoid the complete redraw although the drawing is in fact 99% equal. With larger assemblies this waste hours of time which should be a...
  9. N

Tracing Image

+1
  10. N

I REALLY Hate this!

This bug should be solved with Alibre V23 udate 1 At least it is mentioned in the solved bugs list.
  11. N

External Raid Disc Recommendations

JST you write a lot of good points, but the versioned backups are only one point which is necessary anyway. Additional i use uptodate AV Software on all WIN PCs. Take care by opening emails and use a macintosh for the lesser experienced user in my company which opens also emails. The network...
  12. N

External Raid Disc Recommendations

I use 2 synology NAS in my company: A 5 bay model with 2 disk failure tolerance for backup of all my important company PCs (6) with Synology Backup for Business. I use also the global deduplication funktion which save same data only once. This save ax. 50% disk space on the NASin my case. Also I...