What's new

Recent content by nivram

1. N

graphic card access

Thanks Nick. had totally forgotten how to do it. Colin
  2. N

graphic card access

Ok this has me baffled. Was checking the settings for alibre and noticed that only the Intel HD graphics chip is selectable. I updated the drivers for the Nvidia Geforce GT750M...but Alibre still does not see the card. I disabled the onboard Intel chip, but then laptop defaulted to MS standard...
  3. N

2017 constant crashes

Thanks both of you. Not isolated when it does it..but could be sleep mode..but I am sure I was in the web browser when it happens. I did figure out to save and re-open by myself. As far as I am aware graphics drivers etc are up to date. Colin
  4. N

2017 constant crashes

anyone else getting the alibre view filled with a red crosshaired box...basically crashing since they upgraded?
  5. N

version

my GM DESign is 2015.0.0 ...is this v17? I assume it is as the software insists it is upto date?
  6. N

Cubify Sense Scanner - Some Tips and Tricks

a more stable way of attaching the scanner to the laptop would be to utilise velcro.
  7. N

Display Anomaly

a locomotive...looks like we work in the same industry, I am a mech rolling stock designer :) did your display issue get resolved?
  8. N

exports and "dumb" solids

From some time ago there was a discussion on file exports from GMD. It used to be that files exported and subsequently inported into say solidworks, would be non parametric. I have been back using SW 2013 for the last few months. I have been able to export to SW and SW has been able to rebuild...
  9. N

jobs are like buses...

yup..it is a country :D north of you seb
  10. N

jobs are like buses...

Kev. The GM design work is for a machine shop in London :)
  11. N

jobs are like buses...

thanks guys :) regards the african job, its a security tracking device to be fitted to motorcycles..thats all I can divulge at the moment.
  12. N

jobs are like buses...

.....after a few years (9) working on the same contract using Microstation, I am moving to pastures new..well about 130 miles north of london, for my new contract (derby). Which will be using SolidWorks 2014......and at the same time I have picked up some modelling/drafting work using GM Design...
  13. N

License Surpise

Did the update last weekend...all ok, but apparently I have 2 licenses anyway so should not have to use the license facility.
  14. N

export to solidworks

Thanks Ralf. That file seems to be ok as you say...just realised it was a differnt file I had the issue with :oops: ..will send the one on this post to my client see if he can open it
  15. N

export to solidworks

yup twas error I was getting. customer still says model opened in SW does not contain anything...will try again