What's new

Recent content by Serenity

1. Serenity

serious problem

The assembly was at a zoom level where nothing was able to be displayed. I was able to bring things back into view by editing Sketch<1> in the assembly and zooming way back in to see the sketch and the rest of the assembly. I saved and repackaged the assembly and attached it in reply to your...
  2. Serenity

Reference Plane Size in 2D & 3D Sketch in Part Workspace

As Harold mentioned, the only control regarding plane size is to 'Force consistent reference geometry sizes'. If Yes is not selected on this option, the plane's bounding box will adjust to the size of the sketch placed on it or the face it is referencing.
  3. Serenity

Hole Callouts, How do I modify Tolerance?

This can be done with Dimensions (right-click on a dimension then go to Properties, like mentioned above in this thread). However, Hole Callouts do not have the same Properties and cannot be edited that way.
  4. Serenity

Hole Callouts, How do I modify Tolerance?

Unfortunately, this is currently the only place in Drawing Properties that controls the precision (number of decimal places displayed). I will submit an enhancement request to add a precision option to the Hole/External Thread Callout section under Annotations in Drawing Properties.
  5. Serenity

Annotation number size

It is important to note that within Drawing Properties there are a few different places where you can change the font/size to allow more granular control over the appearance of your drawing sheets. As mentioned above, make sure you adjust the size in the Annotations section and not the...
  6. Serenity

Laptop with Dual Graphics (no mux) Display Options Issue

Giovanni, Most, if not all CAD programs utilize HOOPS Visualize and Exchange for their graphics and import capabilities. As hardware advances, software must follow, and the move to HOOPS is to allow for a better visual representation of your models on the screen. Your comparison of file sizes...
  7. Serenity

Thank you for the clarification. I have brought your issue up internally for additional discussion/investigation. I will post again here with any updates.
  8. Serenity

Sometimes the Power and Sleep settings can interfere with the GPU connection in Alibre. If you notice that Alibre is using the NVIDIA GPU, but after sitting idle, it reverts to the AMD card, you may need to adjust the power and sleep settings to maintain the connection to your GPU. Please see...
  9. Serenity

Keyshot and GPU mode

After a cursory look on the Keyshot forum, it seems some users have trouble using GPU mode regardless of their installed version. You may need to check the Keyshot manual and verify that the latest driver for your Quadro card is supported. You may have to backtrack to the previous driver for the...
  10. Serenity

3D Printing Gallery

Simple but clever. Great job!
  11. Serenity

Resources for Learning More Complicated Feature Designs?

I would recommend checking out at least the Modeling Exercise videos on our Training page that Nate linked above. While these videos may not help directly with things like dovetails or hinges, they will help familiarize you with core modeling concepts and maintaining design intent when edits are...
  12. Serenity

Dimension tool doesn’t work

Are you seeing this behavior across multiple files or only with this drawing? If you have not already done so, please send a Package file of your drawing to support@alibre.com so we can take a look and determine why the dimensions behave this way.
  13. Serenity

Hello from a Newbie

Hi Jim, Welcome to the forum. As you can see our community is friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. Be sure to check out our Training page for in-depth info on the tools available as well as walkthroughs to help get you started. https://www.alibre.com/training/ Good luck!
  14. Serenity

"Descriptive" dimensions gone in V25?

Mixed dimensions in the equation editor seem to be displaying correctly. Entering imperial dimensions only when the model is set to metric will always convert to the metric value in the Equation Editor and other fields in the software. This is working as designed. If you need both Metric and...
  15. Serenity

v21 is now live

It looks like the update did not go through and may have reverted you back to v2019 SP1. If you check the version and build number on the lower right corner of the Alibre Home Window and it still shows v2019, you can try downloading the full installer directly from our website and run it instead...