What's new

Recent content by silver2row

1. silver2row

Post Processors for Atom3D or Should I Update to the CNC Versioning?

Hello, I was thinking of purchasing just the add-on but I am going to purchase the entire Workshop edition for another computer. Seth P.S. I think I have done the correct research and can ultimately just get this set up for future use.
  2. silver2row

It is reasonably priced with board and source. The source is easy once learned but I still need to understand positioning and accounting for starts and stops. And then, I need to also understand the tool, how far the tool will travel, and so on. Seth
  3. silver2row

Yeppers, I can interior thread and externally thread. I am just learning. So, this will be a good way for me to spend time learning. Seth P.S. I am not sure if setting up programs without processing is available...
  4. silver2row

Hello @JimCad , No, my lathe is not a complicated one as of now. It is a miniature lathe with an Acorn CNC on it. Seth P.S. Thank you for asking.
  5. silver2row

Thank you again for your replies... I will review the ideas available and see whatever I can accumulate in time that will hopefully be worthwhile. Seth For instance, I will need 2D, 3D, and lathe but I understand now that the CAM source is not lathe related.
  6. silver2row

Okay. Thank you for making me understand... As one can tell, I am highly uninformed on these subjects. It was clear and it is still clear. The data provided is clear. I will research MeshCAM. Seth
  7. silver2row

It does! nice...Just to make sure, I would need it for Lathe work and/or router work. So, MeshCAM DOES include POSTs for Centroid and that means "does" and not "does not," right? Seth
  8. silver2row

I found this idea: https://www.alibre.com/workshop/ . I want to purchase this source but I remember something... Seth P.S. Oh! Was it not this company who said I could get this update/upgrade for the deduction of the price for Atom 3D? Is that still an option?
  9. silver2row

Hello, I found myself in the mix. This mix pertains to an Acorn CNC and router configuration of my PC. Does the Atom 3D source come with post processing or should I update to the CNC Version? Seth P.S. I would like to have Centroid Post Processing but I am probably reaching out on a limb...
  10. silver2row

Random Builds and Wall Plates

Hey @DavidJ , I got it. I needed to Dual Extrude it with the subtractive method... Seth P.S. It was beating me senseless... I got it!
  11. silver2row

@DavidJ , Okay...I will attempt that like I already have done but this time again. I did try to shell before extrude and the subtractive extrude method did not work for some reason. I will keep trying. Seth
  12. silver2row

Right, I have not built that one just yet. We have some larger holed socket-wall plates for larger diameter wiring with a "hood" or "shroud" that allowed the wires to neatly converge downwards. Seth P.S. Here are the equivalents of separate photos that resulted in the two different printed...
  13. silver2row

Yeppers...for sockets or light switches but my change would be a portion of the center larger for bare wire to come out...of couse with PVC sheathing. Seth P.S. So, is it possible to make the holes afterwards and then not extrude them as much? I can try it!
  14. silver2row

Hello, yeppers...a wall plate for sockets. Socket plate? Here is the shell used in the current file...
  15. silver2row

Oh that specific photo and build, I have already chamfered the holes and chamfered the edges of the plate. Also, with it like how it is currently in this build, I am not allowed to "Shell" the underneath section because of extrusions. Seth P.S. If you are looking for an easy out on building...