What's new

Recent content by vwalla

1. V

Cobra 42 CNC Lathe

I talked to a rep at Bobcad today (I currently have v20) and he said that with the new 2007 version, they will have a lathe module coming out in a few months. My stuff is simple, just drilling & tapping most stuff with the occosianal shoulder cuts. I will wait & see what they have. I did see...
  2. V

Cobra 42 CNC Lathe

I have it also, but I cannot seem to get over the learning curve. Do you do all the cad work in bobcad also, or do you do it in Alibre & import?
  3. V

Cobra 42 CNC Lathe

Cobra 42 CNC Lathe I know SprutCAm & Visual Mill are all for CNC milling, but we have 2 CNC lathes that I would like to hook into. Anyone done this? Currently, my plant manager writes the code manually & then saves it to a laptop as a text file. Thanks
  4. V

Loft Suggestion

That was it! Thanks!
  5. V

Loft Suggestion

Loft Suggestion I need some help with a loft. I need the loft to be straight & not curved. Please see image. Any sugesstions?? Thanks
  6. V

Parametric BOM

Second that. That would save a ton of time!
  7. V

Sheet Metal Duct Unfold

It would do everything except for the oval/oblong to round. I posted the image of what I ned to flatten here: http://www.deltarefractories.com/Alibre/obround_cone_sm.jpg I actually came accross your post & looked at the software. I alos have downloaded Sheet Lightning (Trial) wich...
  8. V

Sheetmetal Flat Patterns

Sheetmetal Flat Patterns It would be nice if the sheet metal module could do flat patterns of cones, obround to round, etc. I posted an example here: http://www.deltarefractories.com/Alibre/obround_cone_sm.jpg
  9. V

Sheet Metal Duct Unfold

Do you know where I can find calculations to do this. As a flat pattern, they are arcs. Thanks
  10. V

Sheet Metal Duct Unfold

Sheet Metal Duct Unfold I am creating a part as a sheetmetal part so I can unfold it to get the pattern to cut, but I have no Idea where to start oin this one. It is a cloth product for tubes. The top dim is 5" dia that tapers out to an oblong shape (7...
  11. V

Windows XP 64 bit

Windows XP 64 bit I cannot seem to find any information on if Alibre 9.0 (SP1) will work on a 64 bit OS. Is it capable? Will MSJVM work? From what I have read, going to a 64 bit OS has better performance for this type of application. Thanks
  12. V

Dimensioning small radii on drawings?

I am having the same issue, but on radii of 1/8".