What's new

Recent content by WLehmann

1. W

Invisible constraints

@HaroldL thanks for pointing to that dialog box! I had never seen it and spent 15 min. trying to find it, only to realize that it's apparently only available using the 'classic' menus (which I had not used for years). The post above actually pointed into that direction, if you took it word for...
  2. W

Sheet Metal - extrude?

Quick update from the original part: I tried the intended extrude (which seems to work under certain conditions, above) very carefully. It seems to work like a charm, IF there is one closed loop for the contour, and as many holes inside that loop as you like - image attached, Hooray! Feeling...
  3. W

Sheet Metal - extrude?

@HaroldL : many many thanks for that big effort! Much appreciated. I think, that's the 'manual' version, I was trying to avoid, lazy as I am. ;) Nevertheless, it seems a safe way to the desired goal. @idslk : thanks for posting! This seems to work as well on my side. I need to figure out, what...
  4. W

Sheet Metal - extrude?

I just removed the complex sheet metal part from above - too much distraction. Here's a simpler test-part, that shows the same effect: I can extrude a sketch to one flange only. Once you select sketches under >1 plane of the sheet metal, it'll fail. @idslk : could you please upload your part...
  5. W

Sheet Metal - extrude?

Hi Stefan, many thanks for your effort and quick response! Yes, THAT's what I'd expect. :) I actually had not turned on the 3d-Part Editing in sheet metal design and had to search for it. Nevertheless, it's not working as you describe / intended - the OK button gets RED as soon, as I select...
  6. W

Sheet Metal - extrude?

I have a mildly complex sheet metal part (image), from which I would like to derive some kind of gauge for easy quality control. The idea was to build something like in the image below, ideally with a few reference pins added. The problem: I could not find any way to derive the shown part within...