What's new

Search results

1. K

SketchUp Add-on Orient and Place script

I have recently begun using the Alibre SketchUp Add-on to export my Alibre models to SketchUp for Architectural type renderings and simple animations. I have also been using SketchUp as a portal to more sophisticated third party rendering, including the free Kerkythea. What I like about doing...
  2. K

Alibre Xpress as a Viewer - remove assembly truncation

Alibre Xpress as a Viewer - remove assembly truncation I would like to suggest that Alibre Xpress NOT truncate a full Alibre Design Assembly to the parts limitation of the Xpress version. Since saving and export are disabled at the point where the part limitation is exceeded, the user...
  3. K

Want to know interest in Custom API Development

Want to know interest in Custom API Development Please take a look at the thread in the API section of the forum about users getting together for custom development of new features for Alibre. I posted this message here to get feedback from users that may not visit that section...
  4. K

Want to know interest in Custom API Development

Want to know interest in Custom API Development Now that the API will allow us to enhance Alibre on our own - What enhancements are YOU interested in and what are your priorities? HOW are we going to accomplish these enhancements? My VB programming skills are crude but...
  5. K

Part Dimensions are glaring omission from Properties display

I would like to see the dimensions of a part along the X, Y and Z axes included with the properties display. Ideally, the dimensions along the axis from the part file coordinates as well as those in the assembly coordinates. I often design my individual parts on the XY plane (or other plane)...
  6. K

Layer color of NONE would display part color

Layer color of NONE would display part color With a layer color of NONE, the part would be the color specified for that part. That would allow Layers to be used for grouping and display toggling, and other purposes. Alternatively, only use the layer color for all parts with...
  7. K

Anyone have working API examples?

Anyone have working API examples? Are there any working API examples out there that anyone is willing to share? Anyone at Alibre willing to show us how you would like the code to be organized? After all you would hope we would make them available for you to post...
  8. K

Custom Photorender Texture Creation

Custom Photorender Texture Creation I am interested in creating custom Photorender textures. What is the proceedure and what software may be required? Photorender Help indicates there are 2D (wrap) and 3D textures. I am interested in developing 3D textures with a...