What's new

Search results

1. D

Revoloop - how do I create this in Alibre/Geomagic?

I would still need the file and to know weather we are wrapping around a cylinder or creating flat geometry. You would need the Cam module to do this either way, I have 5 axis cam . you would need at least 4 axis cam to do this on a cylinder. 2 axis will do it on a flat surface. I am a CNC...
  2. D

Revoloop - how do I create this in Alibre/Geomagic?

do you want to wrap this around a cylinder or just machine it on a flat surface? Either way if you send me the file I can create the geometry and the tool path (either flat or wrapped around a cylinder)
  3. D

Do you use AlibreCAM?

I use the cam software quite often and do not usually have many problems. for the money it is a good investment, it is not the best software out there but then again it does what I need it to do, so for me it is worth having. Most of the issues I have are due to the lack of good training...
  4. D

anyway to export asm in a exploded view?

Are you aware that you can also move the individual parts of an assembly in Keyshot so you can render your assy model then move the components individually to create a "rendered exploded view" which works very well for presentations.
  5. D

anyway to export asm in a exploded view?

Only thing I can think of is to manually explode and then lock the components in position, then try exporting, I even tried publishing to pdf but it still does not stay exploded.
  6. D

Divide a curve

how do i get the equation ids (D1, D2, ect) to appear in the sketch?
  7. D

2013 hangs when opening IGS files.

I checked the downloads page and did not see the link to download v2013, where do i find the link??? My maint. subscription is paid up to date so why did I not see the upgrade, usually alibre "informs" that the upgrade is available. Am I looking in the wrong place?? When I go to the downloads...
  8. D

2013 hangs when opening IGS files.

When will 2013 be available for download? I am anxious to see what "enhancements" have been made.
  9. D

Mouse Suggestion for AD?

I use a logitech for most applications but if your going to be doing cad cam or cae definately get a 3d connextion space pilot it is well worth the investment, especially if you customize the buttons for each application.
  10. D

publish to pdf

I will give your suggestion a try, I had not checked to see if I did "publish tonexploded view", I did not even think to check that, I will go back and see if that is the problem. Thanks for your suggestions.
  11. D

publish to pdf

When i publish assemblies to PDF they want to "explode" when I activate the 3d pdf, any one know why?
  12. D

Are there any really good manuals on AD?

The name of the book that KENRIC is referring to is "Introduction to Solid Modeling using Alibre Design" the author is Ron Bowes copy right is 2010. I have a copy of it that I purchased 3 years ago when I first purchased Alibre. It is a very good book. I dont know if you can still get it or not...
  13. D

Top Down Design

I would like a copy of the excel addin along with instructions on installing and using it
  14. D

Another scroll duct that I need help with

I cant open this file- wnat is a ".7z" can you send it as a native alibre file?
  15. D

Help needed to achieve a task

khoaxnam, you forgot to include the prt for the boolean in your attachment, I get a missing part error window when I open your file.
  16. D

Materials edititing

I too am unable to find this file, where exactly does alibre place this file?
  17. D

Alibre User "Shot Gallery"

I looked at the grabcad file but it is an iges file. can you send me the native alibre file?
  18. D

Tool and Die Designers

You can contact me to discuss your needs. I have experience as a mold maker and designer, and using Alibre(of course). I can also possibly produce CNC programs if required.
  19. D

Uploading an image

you could try buying something like BobArt from BobCad/Cam it allows you to take an image an vectorize it.
  20. D

Trying to creat a slat belt

I tried to upload your belt assy file, you did not include all the part files in your upload, can you send me the complete set of files as I too would like to see your solutuin.