What's new

Search results

1. Y

Helical Cut with solid

To create a proper feed screw a cylinder should be moved through the feedscrew blank as it is turning. This helps keep the container being fed with the screw more stable and upright. In slow speed applications the way Alibre currently handles it will work just fine. In higher speed applications...
  2. Y

Helical Cut with solid

Yes, but with a solid versus a circle. To create a true feedscrew.
  3. Y

Helical Cut with solid

Currently this is not an option. I recently had access to Solidworks and this feature is available. Is this something that gets requested for? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  4. Y

Sub Assembly BOM?

What I am asking for may not be a "best practice" approach. I have no formal CAD or design documentation training so I have my own ways of doing things. lol.
  5. Y

Sub Assembly BOM?

Thanks for all of the answers. I will look through my latest designs to better explain my needs.
  6. Y

Curious, why not official "slot" tool (planned for v28)

This has been a good conversation. Good answers and ideas. But, ultimately, sketching slots with only a few clicks, for most users, would be a big deal. My workaroud on keyway slots is a using a center point rectangle and extruding. Then radius the ends. Pretty quick and easy. Circular slot for...
  7. Y

Sub Assembly BOM?

If I make a drawing from an assembly, with multiple pages for hardware and sub-assemblies. Is there a way to include a BOM on a page of a sub-assembly without removing the Bom on the main assembly page? I know I can create a separate drawing file for the sub-assembly.
  8. Y

Curious, why not official "slot" tool (planned for v28)

I have seen the script, which is great. But why is there no slot tool? Other programs I use have it, F360 and TurboCAD. Not really a complaint, just an observation. Admin edit - slot tools are planned for v28.
  9. Y

Why does the 3d cube disappears all the time??

Yep, it just randomly is no longer there. lol. A real PITA!
  10. Y

v27 extra crashy?

Usually in sketch mode, After I have re-entered a previously created sketch and start making dimensional changes, then it just goes away. I do not even get a dialogue when I re-open Alibre, that it closed without saving previous data. I have also had this same experience editing parts while in...
  11. Y

v27 extra crashy?

I have had v27 get very laggy, then just disappear. Two different machines. I Thinkstation Xeon workstation and a Thinkpad Laptop.
  12. Y

Variable Pitch End Profile Orientation

Alibre Design v26, 64bit, build 26040 Windows 10 Intel Xeon 4.1GHZ 8 Core 64GB Ram NVidia Quadro P2200 37681 MB Ram This appears to be a new issue that I am not sure of when it arrived as I have not had the need to design a variable pitch feed screw in quite some time. Sometimes I need to stop...
  13. Y

Chamfering a hole on the side of a cylinder

A method I found that works is to make a square "shaft", let's call it 1.000 inches. Place the hole here I need it. I then apply the chamfer. Next, next I apply a 0.500 radius to all corners. Works every time.
  14. Y

Exploded view question

I used to always default to importing .sat files. Somewhere along the way I changed to .step files. Good observation
  15. Y

Drawing Sheet Scale

What I realize now, is when generating the drawing, I initially choose my sheet scale as 1: 1, but then when I select my model, "Set this as Default View Scale", I can then set the sheet scale parameter to my desired value. I remember this functioning differently in the past. But I could be...
  16. Y

Drawing Sheet Scale

That is a work around, But previously, in v24, the scale would change to what ever scale I input while creating the drawing. Thanks for this bit of info. But many more steps.
  17. Y

Drawing Sheet Scale

The scale is specified when creating your drawing sheet. It is a property value of the drawing. Now it can be a plain text field. But I want the scale to reflect my viewport. If I change the scale of the view, i want it to update my title block accordingly. Which is how it was working up until v25.
  18. Y

Drawing Sheet Scale

Sheet Scale appears to fixed at 1: 1. Regardless of your input when creating a 2D drawing. Even if I change the scale after the drawing is complete, the notation in the title block does not change. I thought this may be an issue with my custom template, but the same appears to be true when using...
  19. Y

Exploded view question

Figured it out. Click one part, the the "drag" tool appears. Then click the assembly name in the tree. Then hover the pointer over the arrow and drag. Not very intuitive.