What's new

Search results

1. B

How to create a dynamic spring

Seems both simpler and more complex than that. You would need the centerline (axis) of your helix to be a variable spline. Then you would need to constrain each end of the spline to mate to the center point of the spring pocket I would think.
  2. B

How to create a dynamic spring

A dynamic spring is out of my price range. But if anybody would like a pretty quick and dirty spring creator, I made this. Find a spring on MSC or equivalent. Open sample spring. Set as read only. So Save As (SPRING PART #) Open equation editor Fill in the "A" lines (Spring OD, Wire Dia, Solid...
  3. B

Updating drawings and Dissociated dimensions

Old thread, but I select the red dimensions and change layer to solid. Don't know if there's a new better way to accomplish this now or not.
  4. B

What happened to constraints?

I felt as though it was a bug, but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't some process hierarchy I was missing. Either way it is very inconvenient for me. I often spend a little time sketching out things like this before I begin to actually model as these wind up being important driving...
  5. B

What happened to constraints?

Ok, since the move to 2018, I am having a miserable time with constraints. I included a straight forward drawing. There are 6 circles of fixed diameter and fixed centers. I am trying to take the smaller free circle and make it tangent to two of the larger fixed circles. I used to do this all the...
  6. B

Conversion to DXF

Hope Im not posting in the wrong area. Upon attempting to convert an Alibre drawing into an Autodesk .dwg file (or .dxf for that matter) it seems to convert fine when viewed with the DWG Trueview 2013 program (what I use as a default Autodesk viewer). However, if you insert the hidden line...