What's new

Search results

1. J

Spline = bastard child?

Spline = bastard child? Why are splines treated like bastard children? Can't apply tangent and who knows what other constraints. Can't trim a spline. Can't do many of the things that can be done with lines and curves. Can't control the curvature very...
  2. J

Constraining a spline to be tangent to a line @ a point

Constraining a spline to be tangent to a line @ a point I am hoping to constrain a spline to be tangent to a line at a point, but AD tells me that it will overconstrain the sketch. Is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Joe...
  3. J

Constraining a spline to be parallel to a line @ a point

Constraining a spline to be parallel to a line @ a point I am hoping to constrain the spline to be parallel to a line, but AD tells me that the sketch will become overconstrained. Help!
  4. J

"Specify Tangent" box is not active

"Specify Tangent" box is not active I have a loft, and I want to adjust the loft properties by using the "Specify Tangent" feature, but the box can't be checked. Any idea why this might be happening, even when the loft has no errors? The model is in the Binaries forum...
  5. J

"specify tangent" option is not active

"specify tangent" option is not active Why is the "specify tangent" not active? Zipped model is attached. Joe
  6. J

Cannot pan after installing new mouse

Cannot pan after installing new mouse Oh no! I just got a new mouse (Logitech MX700), and cannot pan by pushing down the scroll wheel while moving the mouse. It's programmable, so I can assign different functions to it. After trying all the obvious ones, and some...
  7. J

Lofty goals (but low experience)

Lofty goals (but low experience) Having a simple problem with a loft... 1. I get the message that the guide curve doesn't touch the sketches, but I can't seem to make it touch. It won't recognize the point on the 2d sketches that I want to use for the loft...
  8. J

lofty goals (but low ability?)

lofty goals (but low ability?) Having a simple problem with a loft... 1. The guide curve doesn't touch the sketches, but I can't seem to make it touch. It won't recognize the point on the 2d sketches that I want to use. What's going on with this? 2...
  9. J

New forum area with common problems organized by feature

New forum area with common problems organized by feature Proposal: Make a new forum area with sub areas for each feature. This way, if we have a problem with a particular feature, we can look there for hints. For example, I am having trouble running a loft between two sketches. The...
  10. J

How to read Alibre files in Solidworks?

How to read Alibre files in Solidworks? I am sending parts plus an assembly drawing to a fabricator who uses Solidworks, and want them to be able to read the files without trouble. What format do I use so the files can be read in Solidworks? Can I send the assembly...
  11. J

Creating a flat template for a non-flat part

Creating a flat template for a non-flat part I'm new to Alibre, and feel frustrated that what I used to do in CATIA seems impossible in Alibre. Other posts say that it can all be done in Alibre if we just know how to think in Alibre. I hope so. Here are the steps that...