What's new

Search results

1. L

Bolt circle centerline

Did a quick search of the forum, nothing I could find in the help files either... In the Part view, I have a series of holes inserted with the "Circular Feature Pattern". In the Drawing view I wish to dimension these holes with a circular center-line (bolt circle, dashed), and an angle...
  2. L

Ambient Occlusion setting...?

Just curious... is there a way to adjust the level of ambient occlusion (view toolbar). Nothing in "System Options" that I could find. I like the overall effect, but it's too heavy in the default - sort of gives the parts a Gothic Art appearance. Larry
  3. L

Opening start screen - recent files editing

Is there a way within the program itself (setting preferences, etc) to remove files from the recent files listing ? It often gets cluttered with no longer used files (same different, save often). This editing can be done through the registry, but I'd just as soon not use this on a regular...
  4. L

Hole tool and part configurations

Created a part - placed a hole using the hole tool. Created a second configuration - made this configuration active and then changed both the diameter and depth of the hole. When I switch between configurations, only the depth is correctly shown for each configuration - the diameter remains at...
  5. L

Precise Section 2019 build 20050 Issues

Did read the earlier postings on this subject, but I'm starting a new thread as suggested - if this is still being worked on for a later update, then guess this post can be ignored. I have one particular part (open rectangular box, i.e. tank) generated in Alibre (not an imported file). Part...
  6. L

2019 Opacity and planes

This observed in v2019, both build 20050 and ...51. Can't always reproduce this easily - under certain viewing angles of an assembly, sections of an object (with an opacity setting of less than 100%) will disappear. The included screenshot shows one case of this - the longer rectangular cover...
  7. L

Reproject view(s) problems

This occurs somewhat randomly - perhaps it's a known issue, but I haven't found any references here. Will complete a 3-D part, subsequently create a drawing and dimension the part - all is good. Then go back the the 3-D model and make a small change, say re-radius a fillet. Return to the...
  8. L

Geomagic and Win 10

Have been running 2015.1.1 for a couple of months now on a machine (Asus G751) with factory installed Win 10 Home - no problems until today. Using a dongle, the program recognizes it and boots up to the Geomagic Home window - no "x's" on the icons, etc. However, selecting File>New>Part results...
  9. L

Phone Contact - Geomagic/Alibre

Hello, This primarily for U.S. Geomagic/Alibre users... Here I'm due for a subscription renewal - would like to get it done before my present service expires. Got an email advisory with the Alibre tel. no. 972-671-8492 EXT: 1. However, this number seems to have (for me) some serious issues...
  10. L

Dynamics Update

Just downloaded/installed the update - ran a few quick (previously attempted) scenarios. Dynamics still seems to have considerably difficulty with InterDesign Relations from GM. Anyone yet tried this? Thanks. Larry
  11. L

Error 13008 (not 13018)

With info from the forum here, I have understood (I think) error 13018. However, now I'm seeing this new cryptic error; e.g. 13008 (this when I load a error-free Alibre/GD .asm into Dynamics) - any thoughts / suggestions. Thanks. Larry
  12. L

Comparisons

Hello, Newbie to this forum - first post. Background: I've used Turbocad since its inception (1984? Pink Software) - currently have v19.2 pro-plat. Turbocad's interface is mostly like Autodesk's products. I have some proficiency in Solidworks (day job). A couple of weeks ago got Alibre 2012...