What's new

Search results

1. N

graphic card access

Thanks Nick. had totally forgotten how to do it. Colin
  2. N

graphic card access

Ok this has me baffled. Was checking the settings for alibre and noticed that only the Intel HD graphics chip is selectable. I updated the drivers for the Nvidia Geforce GT750M...but Alibre still does not see the card. I disabled the onboard Intel chip, but then laptop defaulted to MS standard...
  3. N

2017 constant crashes

Thanks both of you. Not isolated when it does it..but could be sleep mode..but I am sure I was in the web browser when it happens. I did figure out to save and re-open by myself. As far as I am aware graphics drivers etc are up to date. Colin
  4. N

2017 constant crashes

anyone else getting the alibre view filled with a red crosshaired box...basically crashing since they upgraded?
  5. N

version

my GM DESign is 2015.0.0 ...is this v17? I assume it is as the software insists it is upto date?
  6. N

Cubify Sense Scanner - Some Tips and Tricks

a more stable way of attaching the scanner to the laptop would be to utilise velcro.
  7. N

Display Anomaly

a locomotive...looks like we work in the same industry, I am a mech rolling stock designer :) did your display issue get resolved?
  8. N

exports and "dumb" solids

From some time ago there was a discussion on file exports from GMD. It used to be that files exported and subsequently inported into say solidworks, would be non parametric. I have been back using SW 2013 for the last few months. I have been able to export to SW and SW has been able to rebuild...
  9. N

jobs are like buses...

yup..it is a country :D north of you seb
  10. N

jobs are like buses...

Kev. The GM design work is for a machine shop in London :)
  11. N

jobs are like buses...

thanks guys :) regards the african job, its a security tracking device to be fitted to motorcycles..thats all I can divulge at the moment.
  12. N

jobs are like buses...

.....after a few years (9) working on the same contract using Microstation, I am moving to pastures new..well about 130 miles north of london, for my new contract (derby). Which will be using SolidWorks 2014......and at the same time I have picked up some modelling/drafting work using GM Design...
  13. N

License Surpise

Did the update last weekend...all ok, but apparently I have 2 licenses anyway so should not have to use the license facility.
  14. N

export to solidworks

Thanks Ralf. That file seems to be ok as you say...just realised it was a differnt file I had the issue with :oops: ..will send the one on this post to my client see if he can open it
  15. N

export to solidworks

yup twas error I was getting. customer still says model opened in SW does not contain anything...will try again
  16. N

export to solidworks

hI dAVE. Yes expected a dumb solid...its when my customer tries to open the SW file it contains nothing, even my solidworks e-viewer comes up as error on the file
  17. N

export to solidworks

having issue with the export to solidworks functionality...in that there is none. exporting a GMD file to a solidworks part file results in a file containing no readable data, and a file size that is 1/3 of the original GMD file. am I doing something wrong? I have attached both files.
  18. N

Thoughts On Offer

With regards to the Sense scanner, I would not bother. We bought one when they first came out. Great for scanning peoples heads, not great for use in an engineering application. It just looses tracking all the time even on simple small brackets. we even tried on a railway vehicle bogie...was...
  19. N

extrude cut issue

Ralf , You are a star :D Thankyou
  20. N

extrude cut issue

ok...further issue model attached. applied fillet 14 to extrusion 10 and the surface end of extrusion 10 disssapears!!!!!!1 aaargh