What's new

Search results

1. T

V25 Installation fails on Windows 11 for ARM

Hi, I confirm that this is now working with SP1! Thanks a lot Alibre team for looking into this!
  2. T

Alibre on M1 Macbook?

@Sascha Uncia and @Daniel-B, glad this was helpful. I'm currently still struggling with V25, for the moment unsuccessfully (https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/v25-installation-fails-on-windows-11-for-arm.23536/). But the architecture (ARM) seems to be the issue there, not...
  3. T

I did some more testing / troubleshooting, here some findings: 1) Scott's problem seems to be unrelated to mine; as Ralf points out, the setup procedure works also on windows 11 (and indeed I would have been surprised if it didn't) on bare metal (not inside a virtual machine) and on intel/amd 64...
  4. T

Interesting that it does not appear to be ARM-related! I also tried, earlier today, to manually install the distributable first (on a completely fresh instance of windows 11), and then install Alibre. Still same problem. Are you running on bare metal or on Parallels?
  5. T

UPDATE: I tried installing the V24 Service Pack 1 first, which updates/installs some redistributables (hopefully the same required by v25), and then repeated the process above to update to v25, but the final outcome is the same, problem persists.
  6. T

I've been using v24 on a macbookpro with M1 processor (ARM) running windows 11 on Parallels desktop successfully for a couple of months now (and previously on an intel-based mac for almost a decade, but that's another story). Setup of v25 however fails while trying to install the Visual C++...
  7. T

Alibre on M1 Macbook?

Hi, I am actually running it on a M1 mac book pro, via parallels, on windows 11. Actually until version 24 it was working flawlessly, although I must admit that I did not work on big projects yet. But opening projects that I made previously (including rather complex ones) was not a problem. On...
  8. T

Iterating through part sketches

Hi @idslk, I did, thanks, great tool. I rather need to work with script directly at the moment, but will keep that in mind. Best
  9. T

Hi Stefan, You are right, all roads will bring you to Rome, and I would add: once one knows where the keys of the car are... in this case, CurrentPart._Part is the key. The script excerpt I posted was simplified for illustrative purposes; I'm actually planning to use the more complex version of...
  10. T

That definitely got me started, thanks! So the key is using the _Part property and the GetEnumerator() method. In order to get the list of all part sketches (regardless if they already have a feature associated with them), this is what now works for me: for s in...
  11. T

I did read the API and before posting here I also went through all the examples looking for a similar use case, but haven't found any. This is what I'm doing: prt = CurrentPart() sketches = prt.Sketches print sketches.Count # ==> this prints 0 print "names:" for sketch in sketches...
  12. T

I'm probably missing something, but is the Part.Sketches object actually implemented? It's not documented in the Alibre Script reference, but calling part.Sketches does not raise any exception. However, the array always has 0 elements, despite the part having many sketches (with but also without...
  13. T

2018 is live

The upgrade worked like a charm for me, using Windows 7 / parallels desktop on macos Great job Alibre team, the fact that the underlying technologies (ACIS etc.) are not years beyond state of the art anymore gives a very good feeling! Now the road is paved for further improvements and features!
  14. T

Using Wizoscript for scaling down assemblies

Has anybody already tried activating a Configuration in a part/subassembly of an assembly using WizoScript? I would like to activate a specific configuration (the configuration in which I applied the scale feature) in each part of the assembly with a single function call in WizoScript. But the...
  15. T

You are right, most 3d printers have limits for wall thickness and this is also the case of my ultimaker2. To address that issue I usually work with configurations for every part. First I create a distinct configuration for the scaled down part, and I apply the scale feature to this...
  16. T

Great! Then I'll begin writing a script with wizoscript for the first two steps needed by my "scale assembly" workflow: iterate through all parts of the assembly and add a new configuration for each part. Thank you very much.
  17. T

Hello, Sorry about that. Actually that's what I tried to do in the first place by leaving a couple of messages on the contact form on wizotools.com. Since I haven't had any feedback, I though that either the messages never arrived to destination, or that you don't like receiving feature...
  18. T

I need to scale down Geomagic Design assemblies (scale 1/22.5) in order to obtain parts which I could print using my hobby-grade FDM 3d printer. My designs are made of hundreds of instances of single Parts, put together in assemblies. In GD you can scale down parts, but not assemblies. I was...