What's new

Search results

1. R

Wrap Function Problem

Guys, I am trying to make a cam track theoritically machined from bar stock. I thought the wrap function would be perfect for this design given that I could control the entry and exit points. However, as you can see the slopes and radiuses are not accurate and are twisted making it unusable...
  2. R

Constraining/modeling a cam follower?

Smith, thanks for the thought but that won't work. The constrained roller will only move tangent to one complete face of a radius. Perhaps one day. Russell
  3. R

Constraining/modeling a cam follower?

I am trying to model a cam roller following a cam track and am stuck. I can constrain the roller tangent to one face but only one face and not the entire track. Is there a way to accomplish this?
  4. R

v25 Bug fix options for installation

That worked! thanks much
  5. R

Version: V25 64-bit [Build 25033
  6. R

I am just getting around to updating v25 bug fix release. I get the message below. Should I use the remove option?
  7. R

Contract Work

I may have some work. I would like to talk with you about your capabilities.
  8. R

V25 RESTORING A BACKUP

I ended up using the Windows solution as Lamar suggested. It almost worked great but for some reason it lost random features on a few parts and lost the paths to various parts. But even with those problems it was worth the restore. I am glad to know about the Windows step back feature and hope...
  9. R

V25 RESTORING A BACKUP

I mistakenly saved over a couple of assemblies this morning and would like to step back to start of the day so I don't have to recreate the assemblies. I have my save function set to 5 minutes. How do I do this?
  10. R

Exploded drawings is it possible to...

I have another is it possible? Again, I am still working on a large exploded master assembly with many sub assemblies. I have the sub assemblies checked to "treat as part in BOM" so I have 6 assemblies in the BOM. I have used the great instructions yall have taught me in this thread to...
  11. R

It turns out that it is only one drawing that is locking up. It happens to be the Master assembly which is large. I'm not sure what to try to get it working but at least the other drawings work fine.
  12. R

Today I upgraded to V25. I see what David is referring to and I think that will work. However, as soon as I add another sheet and click standard views the system is locked up and I have to end task to get out. Perhaps this is a bug with the new version, I don't know but I think the question...
  13. R

I am working on exploded drawings for instructions. I would like to insert a sheet with the assembly unexploded to apply dimensions for setup and line up for the end user. Is it possible to accomplish this within one file? Otherwise what is the best way to do this?
  14. R

BOM Sub-Assemblies help/how to

I repent...you are right it doesn't get any easier than that. We die for lack of knowledge. Thanks greatly for your help, I'll know from now on.
  15. R

Sad...Alibre has a way of making what could be easy hard...
  16. R

Yes, but I'm looking for a quick way. Currently the model has over 30 separate assemblies and will take a great deal of time to open and uncheck then go back and recheck. Is there any faster way than that?
  17. R

I have a new machine completly modeled with many sub assemblies. I have done exploded assembly drawings of all the sub assemblies. To minimize and simplify the BOM for the master assemblies I checked the "treat as part when used as as sub assembly" under file properties, general properties...