What's new

Search results

1. P1110

P1110

2. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

I'm making some progress, although I confess this P1110 - a wartime Messerschmitt design for a supersonic fighter - is all one part! P1110 by Neil Wyatt posted Oct 6, 2018 at 2:23 PM
  3. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

It seems the configuration element isn't supported in Atom3D. I think it should be possible to do something similar though, once I get my brain around it. Approximations are fine - there are plenty of ways to approximate an involute that's well inside normal machining tolerances.
  4. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

Probably because I haven't discovered Alibrescript yet! :-) I've figured out that I can use equations to control dimensions, but my problem at the moment is running before I can walk. I'm currently playing with lofting and discovering things like how the final result of series of lofts and cuts...
  5. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

I realised later that the best answer would be to isolate one tooth of the gear, it can then be 'fixed' and duplicated.
  6. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

Great! that's worked. Of course my object is so complex it isn't practical to dimension! Clearly some care needed to use the right procedures with the right parts.
  7. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

P.S. I get the scaling a jpg and I like the galleon, but for some reason my quotes were activating a 'spam like' filter!
  8. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

Thanks folks, My problem was that pasting didn't appear to work - I had to zoom out. Now I have my example gear in a sketch I can extrude it fine, scale and move it, but I'm struggling to dimension it or apply a constraint to it. The dimension and constraint tools pick up on my reference lines...
  9. Neil Wyatt

Introducing Myself

Hi all, I'm Neil Wyatt, editor of Model Engineers' Workshop magazine. We're going to run a tutorial series for Atom3D with support from Alibre and Mintronics. As part of this I'm finding my own way around Atom3D, moving across from TurboCAD Deluxe. After a bit of a slow start, I'm getting the...