What's new

Search results

1. S

Spline editing - Reverse engineering

I have followed StepAlibre's advice and created a spline using Nodes. It is the same procedure as a regular spline in that you are selecting a point in the Tracing Image by eye, and clicking. The difference is that no spline will be created at that point, just a series of unlinked Nodes. The...
  2. S

This looks to be the answer - I like straightforward solutions. I've never tried to dimension a spline - so obvious. I have my Alibre on a separate Desktop but put my cries for help are tapped out on this laptop - so I'm doing some reading about Python Scripts, API and other stuff. The solution...
  3. S

I'm tracing the pencil sketch using the image facility to create an Alibre Sketch. There are no data points on the drawing. I'm confident about the scaling involved in that process as there were some dimensions written in pencil - certainly enough to be confident about the majority of dimensions...
  4. S

I hope this puts some context to the original post. The screen dump covers the seven upper profiles on the original engineer's sketch. The guy who did the sketch (60 odd years ago) had access to the manufacturing and development drawing information for the item. The points in the X- direction...
  5. S

I am reverse engineering a part from an image. The part is a cylinder head for a motorcycle where all the fins are curved wth a different profile. There are seven profiles, each with 15-20 points. I have managed to create a respectable copy of the fins which then, individually, become a cutting...
  6. S

Third Angle Projection setting retention

I have noticed that whenever I set the drawing Properties to Third Angle that it is not retained beyond the current session.and defaults back to First Angle Projection. I am used to working with Third Angle Projections. Is it possible to retain the default setting? The Units won't change so why...
  7. S

Mirror and Shell not co-operating

Hi Ken226, That worked straightaway. I have now two solutions that work. Now I'm a little more confident about taking the next steps. Much appreciated. David
  8. S

Hi, Thanks for your advice. I had, in the past, tried surfaces but with no luck. However, I'm going to give it another go. The shape of the tunnels seems to be an area which is controlled more by the user's knowledge of CAD than practical airflow issues. I had originally tried to set up guide...
  9. S

Hi DavidJ, Thanks for the reply. I have managed to create your solution. The difference was I had been trying to Edit the Shell Dialog Box - which had placed an Asterix in place of the face numbers and wouldn't allow deletions or additions in the box. I deleted the Shell feature completely and...
  10. S

I'm not sure if I have made a mistake or there's an undocumented feature in V27. I'd like some advice if I have made an error, or an understanding of what is wrong. I am including a PRT file, and two screen shots. And I started this project with earlier versions too with the same results - so...