What's new

Search results

1. J

Previous Color Scheme

Hello Fellow Alibrers, Does anyone know if there is a way to retreive previous color schemes before an update went through? Not saying I don't like all the new colors, but the color scheme I used worked well, and the current color schemes that I have options to use aren't doing it for me. In...
  2. J

Saving as old version

Hello all, Curious if there is any way to save a part in Alibre as an older version, running v26 and wants to save as v25? I don't think there is this capability but wanted to check the community. Thanks, Jake
  3. J

Tables creating Problems

Hello All, Having problems with tables within drawings. The tables are causing Alibre to lock up when trying to add rows below. Can't save or do anything once it locks up. Did it after having created 3 tables and populating them with information and tried to recreate the drawing that crashed...
  4. J

V26 Save Older Versions

Hello All, Searched the forums to see if it was possible to save as an older version of Alibre and didn't find anything suggesting I can. Is this possible while on V26, specifically saving an Alibre Part file. Thanks, Jake
  5. J

V26 Icons

Is there anyway to change the icons displayed for Parts, Sheet Metal Parts, Assemblies, ect. back to what they were prior to the V26 update? Thanks, Jake
  6. J

Drawing Dimension Problem

Hello all, Doing details of Sheet Metal Parts. Dimensioning channels or angles end views, so you see the profile of the angle. When I select some dimensions they incorrectly select the inside or outside thickness instead of the opposite. I click the end of a leg, then go to the OD of the other...
  7. J

Problems with Rack & Gear Constraints

Hello Everyone, Curious if any other users that have been utilizing rack and gear constraints have had any issues? Specifically I am utilizing a rack and gear system to try and verify size and dimensions of parts for a damper and I have to suppress constraints to reset gears to be meshing...
  8. J

[Solved] Preventing Alibre from Rounding

Hope everyone has been doing well. Curious if there is any way to prevent what I am going to describe. A 0.0625" line, 1/16", is drawn you offset that line by, N inches, you now have two lines that are supposed to be 0.0625", one is dimensioned the other is not dimensioned, mag/pos undefined...
  9. J

Alibre Failing on Me

Alibre has crashed numerous times today with this error window. "Unhandled exception." What causes this? Never had this error before today, occurred on numerous files being worked on. It has completely ruined the workflow as I don't know when or why it is going to crash. Picture attached. Very...
  10. J

Insert Center

Hello All, Just wanted to bring up my frustration with "Insert Center" again, because I think it would be something on the easier end to change in future "polishing updates". Why does insert center not do what it says, I.E. inserting a center of a circle. A center should not have other points...
  11. J

[Resolved] Inability to rotate with constraint

Hello All, So I am trying to figure out how many pieces I can cut out of a 4'x8' sheet. Simple enough, create an assembly with part to be cut(cut part) and a 4x8' blank and I should be able to maneuver the cut part easily. I constrained the 4x8' sheet to the axis's, its unmovable, then I...
  12. J

Flat Pattern Failure

Hello All, Doing flat patterns for several parts, didn't have a problem yesterday, now have a problem. Using the same part file just at a different length got one flat pattern that is correct, a rectangle, then try to do the second flat pattern and it is a rectangle with 2 extraneous lines...
  13. J

Dimensions not the same

Hello all, So just something I've wrestled with but haven't been able to figure out is why dimensions form one way for some dimensions then others ways for the same dimension. Attached is an image that highlights what I am talking about with 3 marked dimensions. So sometimes the dimension...
  14. J

Locking an angle doesn't work

Hello all, Drawing a line off a fully defined line to a radius. I don't know the length, but I know I want it at a 90.000 Degree angle, easy enough hit tab type in 90.000 degrees, the box appears blue, which to my knowledge meant it was locked, extend the line to the radius to draw, box still...
  15. J

Origin should have priority V24

Hello All, Just wanted to bring up something that I have been experiencing while using Alibre and think it might improve workflow. So when designing parts I am using multiple processes and steps, as one would expect. When I go to dimension a hole or other part off of the origin, to fully...
  16. J

Dimensioning doesn't happen

Hello All, So today I have been working on some SMP and then when I go to do a drawing detail I have been having problems with the dimensioning. I have the dimension tool clicked and I then go to do a dimension, say from the edge of a piece of steel to the center mark of a circle. I click see...
  17. J

Dimension using centers

Hello All, I don't know if anyone else runs into this but it is frustrating while trying to dimension and you insert a center of circle and it creates individual lines with nodes instead of a single node at the center. Is there anyway to turn this feature off or is this working as expected...
  18. J

Parasolid File Version

Hello All, I am trying to use some Alibre created files with a CFD software. I am encountering problems with the Parasolid files Alibre exports. I wanted to know if anyone had information on what version Parasolid Alibre exports to? Thanks, Jake
  19. J

Constraint Over Defined Excessive

Hello All, I have been working on a sheet metal assembly and one thing that I wanted to bring up to see if anyone else is experiencing is the excessiveness of the status pop up windows. I could be working in the assembly and define a coincident constraint. This sometimes will prompt the...
  20. J

Error with Standard View

Hello all, I have been doing some detailed drawings of some sheet metal parts. I will have a standard view or two on a sheet and be able to detail some of the body. Then, I will go to add another standard view, and I will get the rendering loading bar and it appears the window opens, but then...