What's new

Search results

1. S

Sweep cut difficulties

Thanks, @HaroldL Per your recommendation, I've submitted a ticket.
  2. S

Sweep cut difficulties

@Ken226: Nice to know someone else is running into the issue as well. Thank you for the workaround!
  3. S

Sweep cut difficulties

I'm working on a model of a phone case. I started by creating a solid of the phone, then using shell. From there, I'm using various cuts to get the final shape. I'm struggling with a sweep cut that is acting peculiar. In the attached model, "Sweep <39>" won't allow me to close the loop...
  4. S

Constraints incorrectly reporting "Over constrained"

@NateLiqGrav : I like that idea. If they're in an array or pattern, Alibre can derive that they're all supposed to be the same. A similar idea I had would be a suggestion for a new type of constraint -- mimic. The idea is that two components could be constrained to mimic each other.
  5. S

Thanks to all for your help! As best I can tell, the final example from @idslk has two primary differences from my original: 1. It uses a coaxial edge constraint instead of coincident face constraints. 2. It deletes the angle limiting constraint from the hinge and puts it in the assembly...
  6. S

@DavidJ: Yup. I understand completely. I want to know how to (effectively) tell Alibre that the four hinges should all behave the same. The only way to do that (mathematically) is for Alibre to include the subassembly flexibility in its equations. It needs to recognize that the second half...
  7. S

Thanks, oldfox. I appreciate the example. I opened it up and had two initial observations. The first is that you tend to use edge constraints to position your hinges. In my file I'm using face constraints to position them. Do you find that there are differences in the way Alibre behaves when...
  8. S

Yeah, I thought of that, too. It still reports being over-constrained. One detail I failed to mention in my original post -- If I don't make the hinges "flexible", they all mate just fine with no errors. The panel won't move, of course, but all the constraints pass. The "over constrained"...
  9. S

I have a hinge assembly that is constrained properly, and operates correctly. I insert multiple copies of this hinge into a larger assembly consisting of two boards and four hinges. In this higher-level assembly, the hinges are set to "make flexible", and "Minimum Motion" is turned off. One...