What's new

Search results

1. J

DimensionPattern script

Hi All, I am writing a script to duplicate some of the patterning functionality I was used to in PTC/Creo. The script is pretty basic right now, but I hope that it will grow with time. I have a couple of other threads here and here, but I thought I would make a thread specifically for the...
  2. J

OptionsDialog to select a feature

I got it. The AlibreX IADSketchInterface has a "Dimensions" property which can be used to get what I want: >>>[d.Parameter.Name for d in mySketch._Sketch.Dimensions.GetEnumerator()] ['foo', 'D7', 'D5', 'D6']
  3. J

Stefan, That looks promising. It looks like that ownership information would probably be stored with the Parameter? I can use the python "inspect" module to look a little deeper into the classes and see if anything like that exists, but isn't documented. I'll report back. Jenn
  4. J

David, I won't be able to change the names of the parameters since I am trying to write a "generic" script. That is, one that can be used on multiple parts without prior knowledge of what is in the part. Basically I am trying to make a script that patterns a feature by duplicating everything...
  5. J

Stefan, I had found how to access parameters from the EE using Part.Parameters. But I'm not sure how to correlate those with a particular sketch. Part.Parameters gives all the dimensions used in all the sketches, as well as any used to drive reference geometry(as far as I can tell). From this...
  6. J

Stefan (or anyone else who might know) Is there a way to get a list of the Parameters/Dimensions that drive a sketch? what I mean is when editing a sketch in the normal GUI, there are dimensions (linear, angular etc.) that along with constraints define the geometry of the figures. One can change...
  7. J

Thanks Stefan, The thread you references was very helpful. I was able to successfully get features form my part. Now on to the real work :) Jenn
  8. J

pattern features with variable geometry

Thanks Stefan, This looks good. I'll have to take some time to look it over and learn from it. As you may have guessed from my other thread in Scripting, I'm going to try to write a script for (mostly)general dimension driven feature patterning. If I get something that works, I'll post it so...
  9. J

I would like to use an OptionsDialog window to allow the user to select a specific part feature. However I don't see a feature option in the WindowsInputTypes enum. Doing some digging, I found a Features property of the Part class which is of type list, but it is empty in my part. I can access...
  10. J

Thanks, the reference is exactly what I need. I don't know how the search on the Alibre website works, but it would be nice if searches for "script API" would point the user to the ribbon. I would never have guessed to look there. I didn't even have Alibre open when I was looking for...
  11. J

Stefan, Either would work for my application of clearance checking. For manufacture, each roller will be cut to length from existing tube, so all that is needed is a list of lengths, which is easy to produce. If they are implemented as multiple parts in an assembly, I would need some way of...
  12. J

the programmer in me though up another solution. If there was a macro or special variable that evaluated to "pattern instance number" that could be used in an equation driving a dimension in a sketch, this could be used to get what I want. I can calculate the lengths I need for each instance...
  13. J

Took me a while to find the free time, but here is the package.
  14. J

I am really new to Alibre, sorry. I'll look up how to do that. Jenn
  15. J

I am making a test part to check clearances. It represents a series of rollers that gradually increase in length. I have tried to model this by making reference planes and axis at the angle I need, and building the sketch for the prototype roller using constraints to the reference axis. However...
  16. J

Reference pattern

Simon, Thanks for your response. I had figured out how to use the "project to sketch" option to bring in geometry to my sketch. Is this what you mean? My normal use case for this is that the holes in one part are tap drill sized and the others are clear, so I can't use the projected features...
  17. J

Reference pattern

Harold, Thanks for the response. There is always a learning curve with new software learning the new/different features. I have another pattern question, but I'll start a new thread for it. Jenn
  18. J

Reference pattern

Hi, I am moving to Alibre from a background in PTC/Creo ( although it has been a long time) :) Is there something analogous to the "reference pattern" in Creo? What I am trying to do is this: Say I have part "A" which is a flange with a bolt circle. The bolt circle created using a circular...