What's new

Search results

1. G

Contest winners announced

Congrats to everyone. I wish we could ask questions: This model is absolutely incredible and it looks like he's building a scale model on his desk. I am curious, why wouldn't you just shell out for some metric mitotoyo measurement equipment? There's no way building that engine is gonna be...
  2. G

How is WINE support in 2021?

This is only historically. The reason I even asked is because Valve has poured TONS of money into WINE and it supports Vulkan now. I supposed I can always try it and find out...lol
  3. G

How is WINE support in 2021?

I have a new computer and I'd like to run Linux as I work in it every day and it will keep my life aligned in one direction. Most of the games I play support Linux these days, WINE compatibility is pretty good otherwise, and I'd like to relegate Windows 10 to a VM. Alibre is holding me back...
  4. G

Perpetual license, but requires "reactivation"?

It's more of a matter of principle. Max has helped me quite a bit over email about this and they were happy to talk me through various things related to licensing. My primary fear is about true ownership. Software that ceases to work if, say, a backhoe strikes a cable a mile down the street, is...
  5. G

Should I or shouldn't I?

There's not been anyone posting to this but since you mentioned creality I'd like to mention that since you posted they have released the Ender 3 V2. The V2 is on-par, if not better, than most of their earlier professional offerings out of the box excluding the build area. But this is to be...
  6. G

Positioning on the face of a surface with snaps

Suppose that I have an extruded object I want to make a sketch on. Object by gtz01 posted Apr 8, 2021 at 12:34 PM Something common I might do is create a sketch to cut a hole on either side, or at the midpoint of the object. So, using the measuring tool I can take the lengths of the sides of...
  7. Object

Object

8. Forced Midpoint

Forced Midpoint

9. G

Yes, I have seen that. The mobility option is likely what I need. I certainly understand Alibre's need to protect their IP. I will reach out to their support as well to see what's available. Perhaps something can be arranged with the mobility upgrade.
  10. G

I will be honest I feel a bit deceived. Call me ignorant because I clearly didn't read the EULA well enough. I am sure that is a more appropriate term. I have been using (and LOVING) Alibre as an alternative to more expensive parametric modelers. So much so I shelled out for the Design version...