What's new

Search results

1. K

Alibre view window freezes - I restart program - then view window is not visible. Help Please!

Thanks all. It's taken me a few days to get back to my home laptop instead of being on the work laptop. Alibre has been running without issue when connected to the Intel UHD graphics. I followed the suggestions on Win10 graphics settings that I did not know existed, so now Alibre.exe is set to...
  2. K

Alibre view window freezes - I restart program - then view window is not visible. Help Please!

OK... so It's been about 6 hours since I last opened Alibre and left a model open. It hasn't frozen or crashed on me this time. The only change I made was going back to the latest driver for my NVIDIA graphics card, downloaded directly from NVIDIA and installed using "Run as Administrator". I...
  3. K

Hi David. It's been a while since I hopped into Alibre for some CAD work. The SpaceMouse is a new addition around the same time, so you make a valid argument there. Also I do use two external displays with a Dell USB-C docking station, but those have not been a problem in the past. Hi Simon...
  4. K

Hello Everyone, I'm troubleshooting an issue I'm having with Alibre Design Professional V24 Build 24044. My software has started to freeze and require a full system reboot to begin working properly again. This can happen during an active work session, or when I take a break and come back to my...
  5. K

Help needed - Calculating internal volume of a speaker cabinet

Thanks Nate, I suspect you are correct. I used the Import Advisor as you suggested, and it did show some errors in the geometry conversions. On the other hand, it's nice to know that feature exists, and it's also nice to know you tried some native Alibre geometry like that and had success. Gives...
  6. K

I just realized that Windows was only capturing the base Alibre window, not any of the additional pop-up menu windows. That's less than helpful, but I explained what I was going for in the text. please let me know if it's not clear.
  7. K

Hi Harold. I'll give it a try. A potentially important detail... both of the models for the loudspeaker drivers were originally made in Fusion360 and exported from there as STEP files. I imported them to Alibre, and I think they came out ok... but I have no real idea if the models are healthy...
  8. K

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Alibre - coming from Fusion360 and I'm trying to understand the right way to calculate the internal volume of a speaker cabinet. In Fusion, I would use their create a body feature using extruded parts, reference planes, and surfaces to generate a 3D volume of the...